Tilt/Trim Set Points

200HP ProXS purchased new in late 2019, serial # 2B689468

My trim unit was replaced under warranty, and now it doesn't tilt up as high as it used to. I use a Moto-Stop transom saver, which used to go on and off easily. Now, when I tilt the motor all the way up, there isn't enough clearance to install/remove it easily. I have to grab the skeg and lift a little to get it on and off. My sore back would like to know if there is a way I can fix this in my driveway or if I have to take it back to the mechanic. I'm hoping there are set points that can be adjusted. Besides this minor issue, the trim unit works perfectly.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

2. Member
    When I had my new motor put on they had set the tilt position after trim stops an tilt takes over too low. It is something that has to be reset using there g3 software and laptop. That is what was done for me when I had the same problem you are having. I would take it back to dealership that changed out trim unit. Let them know they didn't set it to give you enough tilt. It will not take but a few minutes to fix but you will need to take it back to dealership.
    1996 Bass Cat Jaguar 2024 Mercury 225 Pro XS serial # 3B434028

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Run it FULL DOWN (verify clearance, may have to do on the water) and hold the trim DOWN for 4 seconds (stalling the trim motor DOWN). This will ADAPT the full down position.

If TRAILER LIMIT is still too low, it would need to be reset on the G3 Diagnostic System.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Thanks for the replies. While on the water, I ran the motor down past its stop point for a full six Mississippis. It didn't work. I tried it with the engine off, then with the ignition switch in the on position, and again with the motor running. Nothing worked. I'll take it back to the mechanic when I get the opportunity.

Thanks.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS