Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Where retailers block off a whole line of spaces for on line pickup I feel no guilt leaving a cart alone. However I’m not going to leave it where it’s not secure and they would be a chance someone would hit it with a vehicle.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    long live TPB, can I get a peanut butter and jammmmm
    You looking at my gut???

3. Member
    I return them...but I'm lazy. I park as close to a cart corral as I can.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rednecktech View Post

5. #FRB
    I don't mind walking. Cart goes to the nearest corral so the cart pusher can do the job they're paid to do. The able bodied people who are just lazy should be forced to be a cart pusher for a week. Cart pushers who get out there and hustle earn every penny and then some.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

People are just lazy.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    Aldis makes you put a quarter into a slot which unlocks the buggy, bring it back and you get a quarter back.
    Very efficient operations at Aldi

8. Member
    I personally think most that leaves carts anywhere besides the cart rack or taking them back inside at small stores like dollar stores that don’t have cart racks are sorry pieces of sh*t. It’s not hard to put them where they’re meant to go instead of leaving them sitting everywhere they’re not suppose to be.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rednecktech View Post
    Ain’t nothing wrong with that.At least you put them back.

Quote Originally Posted by 22Clint View Post
    When I go to Sam’s club I always park at the back of the lot so I don’t get door dinged. There is almost always someone else with a nice vehicle doing the same. Half of those, not me, will make the long walk in and out but not 30’ more to the cart corral. I don’t get it.
    That brings up my pet peeve. Park out in the boonies, and coming out of the store there's someone parked next to you so close to the drivers side you can barely open the door.

11. Member
    I always park on the lower side of a cart return rack. Safest place to park because there won’t be any carts there.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    Aldis makes you put a quarter into a slot which unlocks the buggy, bring it back and you get a quarter back.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohsnags View Post
    Very efficient operations at Aldi
    You do know there's a little key chain tool that bypasses this very easily, even the end of a house key works sometimes.

I always put the quarter in and return the cart but leave my quarter and not lock the cart so it's free for the net person or they profit a quarter. I don't think a quarter is going to deter anyone.
    If professionals who's careers depend on catching fish use FFS then that's what I'm using. Might be too simple of a philosophy but makes sense to me.

13. Member
    I have one really bad leg I injured in a fall 5 years ago. I have a "Crip Tag" handicapped sticker hanging from my inside mirror. Walking is painful and difficult for me. I and many others that park in the "Crip" spaces appreciate finding an abandoned cart in the crip zone to use as a walker going into the store.

We frequently leave our carts there. It really helps.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    I always grab a cart on the way in.

My favorite is when I get to the foyer and there's a bunch of idjits, who all walked right past a dozen carts on their way in, standing around waiting for one.

Goes back in the cart corral when I'm done.
    ^ This is the way to go. I do it also.

15. Member
    Costco in my area have the most laziest people, instead of walking 30-50 feet to the cart corral, they leave the cart on the grassy part of the parking lot near their vehicle. If I'm in a parking lot and there is a cart near my vehicle, I take it back to the corral or use it to do my shopping, at least I don't have to worry that the cart will roll into my vehicle with a gust of wind !

16. Member
    You can tell a lot about a person based on what they do with the shopping cart.

17. Member
    What's why we had carry out boys.

18. Member
    To me the cart problem is a reflection of the stores being too cheap to hire people to bring them in. In High School I worked part time at a grocery store, and every hour or so it was part of my job to get out there and rustle up the carts and bring them in. There were no "Cart Corrals" back then, people left them all over the lot. The store I worked at gave a crap and paid me or someone else to deal with it so the CUSTOMER didn't have to. If carts started accumulating in the parking lot to the point of being in the way of paying customers trying to park or move around the lot, or we ran out, I got my butt chewed for not doing my job.

Half the problem is not that people are any lazier these days, but companies are too cheap to manage that problem for their customers. It shouldn't be my JOB to bring the shopping cart back in, or traipse across the parking lot to a cart corral with it. Do your customers a favor, for the money they spend in your store, send people out to clear the carts out of the lot often enough that it's not a problem.

And while you're at it, hire some more checkers and quit making me do that job to. And for goodness sakes, I should not have to wait 15 deep in a line to check MYSELF out.

Its called customer service.
    Last edited by Toni; 04-19-2024 at 05:01 PM.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    but companies are too cheap to manage that problem for their customers. It shouldn't be my JOB to bring the shopping cart back in, or traipse across the parking lot to a cart corral with it.
    Just how much do you want to pay for your groceries, they're high enough already? Maybe you should use a home delivery service?
    If professionals who's careers depend on catching fish use FFS then that's what I'm using. Might be too simple of a philosophy but makes sense to me.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    To me the cart problem is a reflection of the stores being too cheap to hire people to bring them in. In High School I worked part time at a grocery store, and every hour or so it was part of my job to get out there and rustle up the carts and bring them in. There were no "Cart Corrals" back then, people left them all over the lot. The store I worked at gave a crap and paid me or someone else to deal with it so the CUSTOMER didn't have to. If carts started accumulating in the parking lot to the point of being in the way of paying customers trying to park or move around the lot, or we ran out, I got my butt chewed for not doing my job.

Half the problem is not that people are any lazier these days, but companies are too cheap to manage that problem for their customers. It shouldn't be my JOB to bring the shopping cart back in, or traipse across the parking lot to a cart corral with it. Do your customers a favor, for the money they spend in your store, send people out to clear the carts out of the lot often enough that it's not a problem.

And while you're at it, hire some more checkers and quit making me do that job to. And for goodness sakes, I should not have to wait 15 deep in a line to check MYSELF out.

Its called customer service.
    Hi Karen.

Amusing post. Can't wait to see your next post about driving 55 MPH in a 70 zone in the left hand lane and how people are supposed to pass you on the right and if they won't it's because they're too lazy to.

Cheers. Good job trolling.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast