Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What size charcoal grill

Thinking of getting a charcoal grill. Never had one but I think I want one now. I do have a gas grill, blackstone, and vertical pellet smoker already. This will be used for burgers and such however, I would like to try a few smoked goods on a charcoal grill. such as a couple racks of ribs or maybe a pulled pork from time to time. Was looking at the Weber Master Touch 22. Any suggestions or pros/cons of this grill?

2. Member
    I use my Weber 26" way more than my 22" Master Touch however there is a pretty big price jump to the 26". Both have appropriate sized Slow n Sears but I can put the one for the 22 in the 26 and have more room if needed. Also grab a Vortex and make some awesome wings.

3. Member
    I've got a 22" Weber Master Touch. Cooking for 2, some times 3 people. It's fine for what I do. Although it's not a smoker, I can do a mean boston butt or baby back ribs if I so choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    I use my Weber 26" way more than my 22" Master Touch however there is a pretty big price jump to the 26". Both have appropriate sized Slow n Sears but I can put the one for the 22 in the 26 and have more room if needed. Also grab a Vortex and make some awesome wings.
    This and it’s not even close
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rb View Post
    This and it’s not even close
    Just me and the wife, here's 20 boneless thighs right after I put them on Monday night for a few days of fajitas, omelets, and salads.

20240429_201254.jpg

6. Member
    26" Weber is the sweet spot, I am convinced there is something about the geometry and air flow/volume in that kettle design that makes it the best grill of all time. Gets hot enough to melt the handles if you want and is very easy to control the heat.

7. Member
    The 22" is ok for 1 rack of spare ribs or a smaller 13lb or so brisket. Anything more I'd say get a 26".

8. Member
    When i smoke ribs on my 22" weber it can take 2 full racks laying down or 4 full racks using the weber rib rack. Stepping up to the 26" takes a lot more charcoal for the same temp as a 22". Depends on how big of a crowd, but for me and the wife the 22" is plenty big.
    2023 Phoenix 21 PHX
    Yamaha SHO S/N 6KWL 1004324

My GF has one of the ‘Expert Grills’ from (gasp!) wally world. This thing is a good grill for little $. We cook on it 3-4 times a week. Cast iron grates. The charcoal tray can be raised and lowered. I love it. We’ve done all sorts of stuff on it and have no complaints. Easy on the charcoal also.

4FA3D334-8331-47D8-85D9-39ECE0DEC1DF.jpeg

10. Member
    Found the 22 almost new today on FB marketplace so a no brainer now. If I can get 2 racks of ribs on that would be great or a small Boston butt. I have a smoker, just want to try and mix it up.

11. Member
    A pork butt will fit easily. St Louis cut ribs will also I believe. Just swap them around every now and then. Spare ribs always seemed to tight a fit for me if not stacking them.

Quote Originally Posted by cwenbass View Post
    Found the 22 almost new today on FB marketplace so a no brainer now. If I can get 2 racks of ribs on that would be great or a small Boston butt. I have a smoker, just want to try and mix it up.
    Those are no problem. Check out some of these videos for some ideas

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...3UKS6hSdV9A98S

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinB View Post
    26" Weber is the sweet spot, I am convinced there is something about the geometry and air flow/volume in that kettle design that makes it the best grill of all time. Gets hot enough to melt the handles if you want and is very easy to control the heat.
    Agree 100%

14. Member
    Go on Facebook Marketplace for a Weber Grill at half price. These grills hold up incredibly well over time. And parts are readily available at HD.

Been thinking the same. Looking at this. Last charcoal I had the coal bed was adjustable. Really liked that option.

https://dynaglogrill.com/product/x-l...l-dgn576snc-d/

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

16. Member
    22 is great for grilling but for smoking you will want the larger model. Better yet get a 22" grill and a WSM.
    "the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..."

Have you looked into the Webber Smokey mountain? I use the 22” kettle exclusively for the time being. I’ll buy a 22” WSM if a used one pops up for sale at a decent price.
    '94 Charger Foxfire 180VF '96 Suzuki DT150S BASS

18. Member
    Check out Hasty Bake. A little pricey but are worth it!

The tabletop 13" Weber Smokey Joe deserves mention as well. It's a mini me kettle, perfect for small cooks for up to 3 people.
    IMG_4375.jpeg
    Ranting incoherently

Some cooks on the 26 Weber

You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast