Rod identification

Does anyone have any simple ideas on putting something of color on my rods to help to quick identfy whether it is a worm rod, crankbait rod, topwater rod, etc when the rods are all together in the rod locker?

2. Member
    I got a package of different color electrical tape, think it had 5 or 6 different colored rolls. 1 little band just above the handle made it easy to identify different rod setups.

I use Rod Glove's on all my rods. I usually carry about 15 rods with me and I can tell at a glance which rod is which because I use a different color for each one.

4. Member
    Some of my rods I use for multiple applications. So that doesn’t work for me.
    My loomis Frog rod sucks as a frog rod. Great 6” swimbait rod

5. Member
    Thanks guys for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by pabasshawk View Post
    I got a package of different color electrical tape, think it had 5 or 6 different colored rolls. 1 little band just above the handle made it easy to identify different rod setups.

Same here with the electrical tape. I have more rods on the deck than I should and most are all NRX spinning and casting so they blend. The tape help a bunch identifying the different models.

7. Member
    All my rods have a wrap if 2” blue magic tape (removes w/o residue) above the grip. All include line weight, date spooled, brand/model of line…could add info for technique.

8. Member
    Yeah, I typically color code the rod gloves. Green and blue are moving bait rods, orange is bottom contact. My reels are all color coordinated too. Green handles 6.6:1, blue 7.3:1, gold 8.1:1. Even have different color spools for different line (purple = 8F, green =30B, silver/black = 12F, blue/gray=16-17F, red/black=65B)
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    I use Rod Glove's on all my rods. I usually carry about 15 rods with me and I can tell at a glance which rod is which because I use a different color for each one.
    Yep. Red for movement bait rods. Black for drop type rods. Yellow for my 8' rods. Either flipping sticks or long crank bait rods. Once they hit the deck of the boat, I know what rod is what.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveBrabec View Post
    Some of my rods I use for multiple applications. So that doesn’t work for me.
    My loomis Frog rod sucks as a frog rod. Great 6” swimbait rod
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that.