Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Spend the money on a good quality belt. The early Commanders had a very well known transmission problem. After they updated those they seem to be pretty decent. I don't see as many as i use to.
    2004 Ranger 521VX with 2019 Evinrude G2 250 H.O.

2. Member
    I had a 2015 Commander 1000XT that I bought new in September of 2015, and put 5,600 trouble-free km's on it with regular maintenance. I had the belt replaced at 4,000 km's, as the CVT isn't easy to access with the mid-engine design. Great buggy, I sold it in June of 2018 for a very good amount. I would highly recommend a Commander to anyone who was thinking on buying one, assuming its past is known if looking at a used one.

Resale around here on Polaris (usually RZR's) is not as good as Can-Am, they don't keep their value.
    Shayne O'Brien
    2019 Princecraft Resorter 160BT, Mercury 40 HP 4-Stroke
    2023 Can Am Maverick X3 DS Turbo
    2024 Ski-Doo Renegade Enduro 900R Turbo

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wvbassmaster View Post
    Attachment 411111

well this may be my problem
    i would say so, lol. Most of the time it’s operator error that shreds a belt. Usually in high gear and putting the bike in a strain, when it should have been in low. Some bikes will eat belts due to the clutches not shimmed correctly but not very often. As stated before, don’t be cheap buying a belt, not sure about can am , but Polaris makes good oem belts.

4. Member
    Can Am the same people that used to bring you Evinrudes.

Quote Originally Posted by FTMS View Post
    Spend the money on a good quality belt. The early Commanders had a very well known transmission problem. After they updated those they seem to be pretty decent. I don't see as many as i use to.
    going with the maverick 364 belt OEM. this one was aftermarket

6. Member
    19 x4 been a amazing machine
    2002 Triton 200xp 225 Evinrude

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogger55 View Post
    Can Am the same people that used to bring you Evinrudes.
    Can-am sales are best they ever been. Hard to keep them on show rooms right now.

8. Member
    We have a polaris ranger, a polaris rzr, and a canam commander. The rzr has over 7000 miles and is starting to have some issues. The ranger has 2000 miles on it and been flawless. The canam commander has been a money pit almost from day one. Trade your commander on a polaris or honda.

9. Member
    My 2016 Polaris ranger has 1200 miles on it with only routine maintenance and a wheel bearing. I had a 2006 Polaris ranger before this one. I've been very happy with them both. Now my artic cat was another story.
    2021 caymas cx21

10. Member
    I own a 09 700 cc Yamaha Rhino . No problems at all !! Just oil changes and a set of front and rear brakes thats it . Get used everyday out on the farm

11. Member
    My RZR turbo 4 seater is by far and away th biggest money pit I have ever owned. I am constantly chasing some sort of noise, issue, or broken part. With that said, a lot of it is my fault, we beat on em pretty hard, and about every part that can be has been upgraded on my machine.
    1994 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    225 Optimax

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clayrhye View Post
    My RZR turbo 4 seater is by far and away th biggest money pit I have ever owned. I am constantly chasing some sort of noise, issue, or broken part. With that said, a lot of it is my fault, we beat on em pretty hard, and about every part that can be has been upgraded on my machine.
    I have a cub cadet I hate it

13. Member
    My son has a Pioneer 1000, and he doesn't baby it. Zero issues so far. I drive it from time to time, it will go about anywhere with the tires he has on it. He rides with a lot of folks that have RZR and many have issues. They don't hold up to abuse well. I was looking at Kawasaki at a dealer last year. Slow day, the sales guy let me test drive a couple as he was bored. We were discussing reliability...he stated the same thing about Polaris, wont take the abuse. He invited me to go look in the shop...everything in there being repaired that day was a RZR..lol. Pioneer has it's quirks...whine of the transmission, seat that gets hot, but like most Honda stuff, it holds up. Can't speak for CanAm, nobody he rides with has one.

Quote Originally Posted by svtlightning93 View Post
    i would say so, lol. Most of the time it’s operator error that shreds a belt. Usually in high gear and putting the bike in a strain, when it should have been in low. Some bikes will eat belts due to the clutches not shimmed correctly but not very often. As stated before, don’t be cheap buying a belt, not sure about can am , but Polaris makes good oem belts.
    yes it was operator error and a junk aftermarket belt. I was pushing the machine pretty hard so. just glad it wasn't something else!!!

15. Member
    Depends on what you do with one but my Kubota RTV is like having an spare small tractor on hand. We're always hauling and pulling with it. It's slow by SxS standards like 28 mph top speed) but it's a workhorse and not done anything except change the oil. I've been shocked what the silly thing will do and couldnt do without it now.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post
    I thought we were talking about side by side shotguns....lol
    Yep me also.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12