Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    I thought they’d be pretty close. I’m guessing when he reviews a 21 Phx it’ll score a little higher. I’m curious where he’ll put the Nitro. Gonna be some serious hurt feelings if he rates it higher than the bullet / charger haha.
    I’ve heard from some Bullet owners how it was such blasphemy for Ken to talk about a Bullet like that lol.

2. Member
    He's ;rating the boats on his needs. We would all rate boats on our needs. It would b e nice to have a lot more hard data on all bassboats, including things like ride and rough water conditions measured with a g-meter(To take away brand bias)

3. Banned
    I thought they’d be pretty close. I’m guessing when he reviews a 21 Phx it’ll score a little higher. I’m curious where he’ll put the Nitro. Gonna be some serious hurt feelings if he rates it higher than the bullet / charger haha.
    I am guessing the Z21 will outscore both of those.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    I am guessing the Z21 will outscore both of those.
    i think so too. He might even score it higher than his ranger.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Great Report

6. Member
    i think so too. He might even score it higher than his ranger.
    Are you really serious?

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordel View Post
    Are you really serious?
    Gonna be faster, ride better, cost less, slightly less on fit/finish though

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Gonna be faster, ride better, cost less, slightly less on fit/finish though
    Yup, for those reasons. He doesn’t seem to really factor price into the equation too much. And I’m sure he’ll knock it for the touchscreen panel. But for speed, ride and upright seating position I think will favor the nitro.

9. Member
    These videos are not horrible but they're not exactly consumer reports either. Constructive criticism: Do the layout on land, do the ride test and do a summary. Skip the himin' and hawing of the intro.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

10. Member
    As I told Ken in the comments, I have 2 issues with a Phoenix. The compartments have no gaskets and the bow and console have too much plastic and vinyl.
    Full disclosure here, I have a 2016 BassCat Puma.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JHelms View Post
    These videos are not horrible but they're not exactly consumer reports either. Constructive criticism: Do the layout on land, do the ride test and do a summary. Skip the himin' and hawing of the intro.
    He is a little long winded at times, but it’s easy to skip through the intros. I appreciate that he puts up a PowerPoint of the strengths and weaknesses so you can skim through those.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordel View Post
    I’ve heard from some Bullet owners how it was such blasphemy for Ken to talk about a Bullet like that lol.
    I'm a Bullet owner and I had no problem with his review. I can see how someone who has never been in a Bullet would have those same concerns. I don't really think about those things anymore because I have been fishing out of them for so long. I do think he was a little misleading on a couple things, like the size of the front deck. He made the statement that there is no way you could fish 2 people from the front deck. While I agree it is narrower than what he is used to, we fish 2 big guys on the front deck all the time with no issues. No one is going to be 100% satisfied with anything, and boats are no different. Buy what you like and don't worry what other people think.

13. BBC SPONSOR
    these are great reviews, fun to see the different layouts.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JHelms View Post
    I tell you what...Ken is on to something here!! Personally I love this series...since myself and my dad are in the market for a new boat coming from a Z521 today this is exactly the kind of videos we were looking for! Let’s you see/compare several different models and layouts without physically having to do the ‘leg work’ yourself! Love all Ken’s videos! Just wish I had the time, ‘connections’, and availability to ‘shop’ like this! Knowledgeable, good info coming directly from a serious tournament fisherman, and objective! Absolutely great!

15. Member
    Great review. I enjoyed watching and learning

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12