Thread: Douglas Lake

Douglas Lake

Heading to Douglas lake for a week staying in White Pine what can I expect for fishing?
    Bass Boat
    Powered by an outboard
    Electronics at helm and up front
    Pulled by my truck

2. Member
    Water mid 80's midday. A bit cooler in a.m. It's a bit cooler up the river from Walters Bridge which is closest ramp near White Pine. Cooler water and current in the river.

Jig bite is picking up and T-rigged creature baits and C-rigged stickbaits have been producing. Shakey head trick worms will get you bit.

Very early and late a topwater bite can be had. Hot and muggy but you probably used to that down in GA.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid---Ben Franklin

3. Member
    Thanks for the info Whopperstopper!

I keep hearing I should fish off shore what depths are considered "off shore" for Douglas?
    Bass Boat
    Powered by an outboard
    Pulled by my truck

4. Member
    I was just there last weekend the off shore bite is getting pretty tough the schools are busted up pretty good I would find small pods of fish and catch a couple and go on. Top water bite has been good
    Lowrance Pro-Staff
    Picasso Outdoors
    PowerTeam Lures
    Red Dirt Baits
    Boing Lures
    E Custom Baits
    Full Throttle Tackle

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CCGambler206 View Post
    I was just there last weekend the off shore bite is getting pretty tough the schools are busted up pretty good I would find small pods of fish and catch a couple and go on. Top water bite has been good
    Thanks!
    Bass Boat
    Powered by an outboard
    Pulled by my truck

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassnPhoenix920 View Post

I keep hearing I should fish off shore what depths are considered "off shore" for Douglas?
    20-35ft for the most part. Deep cranks (6XD/10XD, 3/4oz Hot Lips, Mann's 30+), spoons, larger swimbaits on heavy heads, etc....

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sll View Post
    20-35ft for the most part. Deep cranks (6XD/10XD, 3/4oz Hot Lips, Mann's 30+), spoons, larger swimbaits on heavy heads, etc....
    Good to know thanks for the info!
    Bass Boat
    Powered by an outboard
    Pulled by my truck

8. Member
    Any good bait shops in area?
    Bass Boat
    Powered by an outboard
    Pulled by my truck

9. Member
    Mckee's and Bigfish Outfitters are both very good shops

10. Member
    McKee's Outdoors is in Maryville and Big Fish outfitters is in Lenoir City. Both are great shops but a long drive from White Pine. About an hour's drive.

Tom's in Morristown and Bucks N Bass in Dandridge are both 15 mins. from White Pine. Both are local to area you are visiting.

When you planning to be here?
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid---Ben Franklin

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whopperstopper View Post
    McKee's Outdoors is in Maryville and Big Fish outfitters is in Lenoir City. Both are great shops but a long drive from White Pine. About an hour's drive.

Tom's in Morristown and Bucks N Bass in Dandridge are both 15 mins. from White Pine. Both are local to area you are visiting.

This.....if you like digging through old, discontinued tackle and a great selection of all the latest baits and lure making supplies Tom's Sporting Goods on Buffalo Trail Road near Cherokee Lake is a good stop if you are in the area for a few days.

BTW WhopperStopper....I really like your tag line.
    Last edited by sll; 07-02-2021 at 08:32 AM.

12. Member
    We are here now!!

Quote Originally Posted by Whopperstopper View Post

Bass Boat