Thread: Hbird to garmin

Hbird to garmin

I mentioned to friend that I’d consider selling my ultrex and 360 mega and bird units and try garmin t motor and panoptix stuff - now he wants to buy above equipment from me. So I’ve never used garmin t motor and electronics. Any y’all make this switch and if so happy with it? I don’t care for 360 so do t plan on both bow units

2. Member
    I'm running Humminbird plus a Garmin 126SV dedicated to Livescope. I'm very pleased with Livescope and can't imagine fishing without it now. Images are outstanding.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HH45cal View Post
    I mentioned to friend that I’d consider selling my ultrex and 360 mega and bird units and try garmin t motor and panoptix stuff - now he wants to buy above equipment from me. So I’ve never used garmin t motor and electronics. Any y’all make this switch and if so happy with it? I don’t care for 360 so do t plan on both bow units
    Unless you are moving to the 8600 series the Garmin SI will disappoint you after using the HB. I could deal with the 8612 and 8610 and the GT 56 transducer. When I ran the GT56 on the 12" Echomap Ultra I was, lets just say, very underwhelmed. And for some reason Garmin won't let the Echo series and the GPSMap share even waypoints. If they had I may have given them a try on my coming boat......... maybe.

4. Banned
    I run garmin trolling motor, 106sv Ultra and a 93sv UHD with livescope.. I hardly every using anything but livescope.. It is that good...I am going to move up to a 8610 soon.. Oh I love my trolling motor.. Easy to use and tons of power.
    Last edited by coachallen; 11-17-2021 at 10:13 AM.

I have to agree with most of Pfisher’s statement

Garmin’s SI is not there yet (Its close but a little short)

BUTT

Garmin’s 2D is better and LiveScope is the best (Bar None)

Another thing to consider Garmin units have 10% of the issues HB units have
    it’s rare to see an update cause issues let alone crash a graph
    updates are easy and much faster

Now I can’t speak to Garmin’s trolling motor I still have my Ultrex and am happy with it

If you feel their trolling motor is an option don’t hesitate to make the change you will be happy with the graphs
    "The handicapped angler"

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HH45cal View Post
    If you have never used the Garmin TM, I would highly recommend you do so before buying. This is especially true if you plan to mount the Livescope transducer on the TM. There was basically nothing I liked about that motor, and I have zero need for my graphs and TM to communicate.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

7. Member
    I have been pleased with my Ultra with GT56. SI is not as clear but overall performance 2D, SI (Sideview) and DI(Clearview) it is great. Not the best at some but overall I am very pleased.15OCT21_1351_00.png15OCT21_1354_00.png25SEP21_0850_00.png25SEP21_0917_00.png25SEP21_0919_00.png25SEP21_1023_00.png

8. Member
    Question, Are there any bass pros that don't use mega 360? I don't follow Pro Bass closely, but it seems that many use Livescope and Mega 360. They seem to agree they need both.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

9. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    You can check out my YouTube
    crappie world livescanner
    I have a ton of side scan you can see I love my garmin side scan and yes it finds fish and brush
    Last edited by TOUCH OF CLASS; 11-19-2021 at 06:34 AM.

10. Member
    thanks gentlemen

11. Member
    How does the GVC 20 compare to the GT56UHD?

Which one is supposed to be better?
    Do any of the garmin units use the GVC20 without the black box?

Is the GVC20 just the black box, if so, what transducer are you using in that video above?
    I assume the UHD models and newer garmins just dont need the black box?
    Lastly, which transducer is better.... GT34UHD or GT56UHD?
    2010 Nitro X-5 w/ 90HP Mercury Optimax
    2020 Ultrex Ipilot Link MDI
    Helix 12 MDI G3N
    Helix 12 MSI G3N
    Mega 360

12. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    GCV20 is the black box.......

I'd say the GT56 is the better transducer....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

13. Member
    Its been a while since ive been in the Garmin game..... thanks for the info!
    My buddy is looking to outfit his boat and we are thinking Garmin
    2010 Nitro X-5 w/ 90HP Mercury Optimax
    2020 Ultrex Ipilot Link MDI
    Helix 12 MDI G3N
    Helix 12 MSI G3N
    Mega 360

14. Member
    I am not a bass fisherman, I'm in NW Montana and mostly Lakers, Salmon, Walleye, Lake Superior WF, and Big Crappie targeting. I started out with HB and the first version 360° transducer. About 3 years ago I saw Livescope and that was all she wrote! I have now switched over completely to Garmin, including the 57" Force TM. I catch so many more fish now than we used to it's just crazy. I have the PS30 (panoptix), Livescope transducers, currently just the GT54, as well as the GT10HN-IF ducers. I use the Livescope icefishing for crappie and walleye, and this winter for big lakers too. I love the Garmin stuff. I had some issues with the Force that were self induced, but Garmin replaced it under warranty anyway. I also had a new Ultra 126SV that had a screen problem that they replaced no problem. I have never really gotten into the sidescan thing, so to me that isn't an issue. I have my livescope setup on a pole in the boat so that I can aim it independently and that works good. I have a buddy that has always been a HB guy that just went out yesterday and spent $4200 on Garmin gear after fishing with me the last couple of summers and winters. For me Garmin is all I'm ever gonna need.