Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best thing in sports I have watched in a long time

It has been an absolute blast watching Pujols chase 700 home runs. It brings back a lot of childhood memories, and you can tell everyone out there, players and fans, are having fun seeing it all happen! He has 693 home runs now, and I am really hoping he makes it to 700!! What a run the guy has had lately.

2. Member
    He seems like a Great guy. Hope he gets it. Who will it tie him with ? Or break

3. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Miguel Cabrera’s chase last year was another epic.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

4. Member
    It won’t tie him with anyone. There have just been very few to hit 700 home runs. Hank Aaron, Babe Ruth, and Barry Bonds. Bonds did it on steroids, so there will be an asterisk next to his name forever. Alex Rodriguez has 696, and he was on steroids, too. It has been cool to watch. Just watch the highlights from 693, seeing a Cubs fan that excited to catch the ball, something you will probably never see again from a Cubs fan against the Cardinals.

5. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    I hope he hits 700. Go Cardinals

Dale Sinclair original

Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    He seems like a Great guy. Hope he gets it. Who will it tie him with ? Or break
    696 Will tie Aroid. After that its just getting to 700 he cannot catch number 1, 2 or 3. Bonds has 762, Hank has 755, Ruth has 714.

One would argue that Covid cost him catching Ruth.
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    I'm a long time Cardinals fan and enjoying the Journey to 700 also hope Albert stays Healthy and passes that Milestone.

Albert has missed a lot of plate appearances the last 10 years of his career due to physical decline and injuries so not blaming Covid if he doesn't catch the Babe as 700 plus Home Runs is a major achievement regardless.

8. Member
    Hank Aaron was 6 foot and 180lbs which is the same size as Kenny Loften, Jr (a more recent player some younger might remember). Compared to the other power hitters Aaron looked and was much slighter. Really amazing what he accomplished.

There were a lot of cardinal fans that weren't a fan of him coming back, saying he was washed up and too old plus they still are upset that he left, now he has been one of the best hitters in baseball for the past couple of weeks. Always liked him, seems to be a good guy. There's always the what if. What would his numbers be if it wasn't for the injuries. His knees have been giving him issues for the past 12-15 years.

10. Member
    It's going to be awesome seeing him make the run after 700. The last week has been incredible. For most Cardinals fans, it is 1998 all over again. You just stop what your doing and see what he does just like we did when McGwire batted in 1998. My son and I have tickets to the last 3 home games of the year. Hope to see him keep this run and maybe we will see 700 then.

11. Member
    Hopefully he surpasses it during this series with the cubs

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHM64 View Post
    Hank Aaron was 6 foot and 180lbs which is the same size as Kenny Loften, Jr (a more recent player some younger might remember). Compared to the other power hitters Aaron looked and was much slighter. Really amazing what he accomplished.
    Yup, Aaron is always going to be the HR king to me since who knows how many guys are juicing ever since McGwire/Canseco/Sosa/Bonds made it OK.

13. Member
    Just told my dad this morning if I was pitching and wasn’t in contention, I’d serve it up to him on a T. I know he said this is it, but man I don’t think I could walk away in the 690’s. Before he hurt his feet, I really thought he’d retire as the undisputed best hitter ever.

14. Banned
    Just think what The Babe would have done with those rock hard balls they use now with a corked bat….some might still be airborne!!!!����

OK I'll be the wet blanket. All this talk about Bonds roided up, how do we know others didn't have part of all of their careers on the juice? We just know the ones that are caught.

But Albert is great. Carry on.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHM64 View Post
    The bat speed he could achieve with his wrist flip was incredible.
    Also amazing eye/had coordination.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    696 Will tie Aroid. After that its just getting to 700 he cannot catch number 1, 2 or 3. Bonds has 762, Hank has 755, Ruth has 714.

One would argue that Covid cost him catching Ruth.
    Bonds doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by dwmgg17 View Post
    Just think what The Babe would have done with those rock hard balls they use now with a corked bat….some might still be airborne!!!!����
    Just think how these guys would smash the ball from a bunch of plumbers throwing them meat fastballs.
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    The bat speed he could achieve with his wrist flip was incredible.
    Also amazing eye/had coordination.
    Aaron said he always sat on offspeed cause no one could throw a fastball by him.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB123 View Post
    It has been an absolute blast watching Pujols chase 700 home runs. It brings back a lot of childhood memories, and you can tell everyone out there, players and fans, are having fun seeing it all happen! He has 693 home runs now, and I am really hoping he makes it to 700!! What a run the guy has had lately.
    I prefer LLWS. The kids aren't yet influenced by negative influences yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast