Boat dolly - this one of any use?

I've read through some old boat dolly posts to get some feedback on various models. I'm looking for an battery powered dolly. Seen most of the common brand reviews online. Lot more complaints than satisfaction from the lower priced models. I have a 17'10" Lund aluminum boat weighing about 2,200 lbs total, single axle trailer. Replaced the near useless OEM jack with the F2 Fulton jack and that helped moving it substantially.

My goal is to get some assistance pushing the boat back into the garage. Very slight incline, all concrete. I can do it now with a bit of a rolling start but you have to get after it pretty good.

The electric models ain't cheap. So I'm wondering if anyone has used similar dollies like the manual one below. I'm not sure it would make pushing the boat any easier than my Fulton jack. But if it would help just a bit more, that would be good enough.

Trailer Tug.jpg

How exactly does this help him?

3. Member
    Consider a Park-It 360.....not cheap, but they work.

https://www.vevor.com/trailer-dolly-...Zxk9BLclHbRKy4

At $200, it might be worth trying out.

5. Member
    I had the same problem as you and bought a cheap copy of the Trailer Valet, although it helped getting the boat out of the garage and down to my vehicle for hook up, it didn't help going back up into the garage (gravity). My boat (2012 1625 Rebel XL SS ) just fits through the garage door with about 1 1/2 inches on each side. I finally learned to back the boat back into the garage with my SUV, takes a few minutes but constant checking and going slow gets it in. Unless your very strong or there are at least 2 of you, I would recommend learning to back it in with your tow vehicle, just take it slow and easy.

6. Member
    I bought a manual dolly for my G3 HP180- it didn't really help, so I went back to either getting a good grip and pushing area to get it through the garage bay door (very tight fit) or I did paint yellow stripes on my concrete pad to ensure alignment is perfect so I could back it in with my truck. Another option is a remote winch and use it to PULL it into the garage from behind-using a paint friendly strap.

I used a manual 2 wheel dolly on a 18' Hydrasport single axle to get my boat in and out of the basement on the side of the house with slight incline without any problems.

Capture.JPG

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    I used a manual 2 wheel dolly on a 18' Hydrasport single axle to get my boat in and out of the basement on the side of the house with slight incline without any problems.

Capture.JPG
    I use on just like that to move my Xpress X70 with single axle trailer around. It works good for me but don’t use it on a steep driveway.

Wish I could remember the brand of the electric one that Bassman IA bought to move his big Charger around. He liked it made things a lot easier for him after all of his back surgeries.

9. Member
    Last edited by jimsch; 10-27-2023 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by breeves2245 View Post
    I've read through some old boat dolly posts to get some feedback on various models. I'm looking for an battery powered dolly. Seen most of the common brand reviews online. Lot more complaints than satisfaction from the lower priced models. I have a 17'10" Lund aluminum boat weighing about 2,200 lbs total, single axle trailer. Replaced the near useless OEM jack with the F2 Fulton jack and that helped moving it substantially.

My goal is to get some assistance pushing the boat back into the garage. Very slight incline, all concrete. I can do it now with a bit of a rolling start but you have to get after it pretty good.

The electric models ain't cheap. So I'm wondering if anyone has used similar dollies like the manual one below. I'm not sure it would make pushing the boat any easier than my Fulton jack. But if it would help just a bit more, that would be good enough.

Trailer Tug.jpg
    I'm also interested in this dolly if I can push on it without any problems. I currently have a ultra tow heavy duty adjustable 3 wheel dolly. It does a good job pulling the trailer but the one time I pushed it up a very slight incline, the whole thing flipped forward and I fell forward as well.
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv/LVS34
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

11. Member
    I have a large stall on my garage just for the Skeeter boat. However when I was fishing a number of smaller lakes that had both public and private boat ramps a number of them required you to back your boat down a tree stud trail... a total pain in the ass. So I had a hitch welded to the front of my truck to I could drive them down. It worked like a charm.