Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loll1121 View Post
    Milliken has lost 30 pounds today
    Sounds like he's struggled all week keeping fish pinned. If he'd have caught most of what he's hooked he may be leading.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chaseerry View Post
    How can you blame Hackney for being salty? He has fished the conditions, patterns and shoreline his entire career. Now with FFS, you don’t need any of that. Just drop the trolling motor and hunt down the fish that are aimlessly swimming in the middle.

I’m paraphrasing but that’s it in a nutshell.
    To be fair, it’s not like he just awoke from a deep sleep like Rip Van Winkle.

Anyone paying the slightest bit of attention could’ve seen this coming. If he spent the offseason deer hunting instead of working with FFS it’s his own fault.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackyjig View Post
    Sounds like he's struggled all week keeping fish pinned. If he'd have caught most of what he's hooked he may be leading.
    Using 6 pound, tiny hooks with giant bass in timber it’s kind of part of the deal. Just going to lose some fish.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

4. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    Good lord get over it.
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

Quote Originally Posted by Doorman1 View Post
    He has only gotten more bitchy the last couple of years. Doesn’t like the way BASS is but when he did leave for MLF he didn’t speak kindly about it. He lost me as a fan a few years ago when he was making up names for guys that were not in a BASS elite tournament but we’re still out fishing.
    Was a big Hack fan, still kinda am but yeah after the split I hated that he left. But, let's face it, just about everyone left, so there was something there for the guys that they felt like a change was needed. I don't necessarily fault them for that. BUT, the trash talking wasn't really necessary re BASS, livewells, guys who stayed, etc. Skeet, Shyrock, Evers in particular I recall thinking just shut your mouth and go fish. As you mentioned, really turned me off on a lot of those guys and MLF/BPT in general.

Now, I was glad when the boys started coming back, most of the ones I am fans of have returned (still waiting on Andy M. to come back over) and I still do count myself a Hack fan, but maybe just not as fervent as before ;). He also had a run-in with Matty Wong last year that wasn't a good look - Wong talked about it some on his YT channel, and Hack talked about it on the Bilge podcast. They both obviously had different interpretations of what actually happen, and as usual, the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

It's infectious. Dude just loves to be out there.
    Yeah nothing against Trey, but I find myself pulling for Tyler today :). Fellow Fat Boy club I guess lol

Quote Originally Posted by bilgerat View Post
    Jeezus it's painful watching how some of these "pros" boat flip and bang a fish around a boat ... yeah, money's on the line, the fate of Western Civilization is at stake, this is war damn it but come on, show at least a shred of respect for the resource. Just one reason this will never be seen as anything more than a fringe activity and not a sport. Rant over.
    This has always bothered too, also all the youtubers that show there "trophy" catch and hold fish out of the water forever... I know fish have different metabolism, but I always try to follow the "how long could I hold my breath" thought process - if I'm going to have them out longer for pictures or whatever I will give them a some livewell time to recover. I rarely use a net since I fish solo mostly, but still try to keep them from banging around the boat.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    That's 2 waist sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wackyjig View Post
    If frogs had wings............

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    but I always try to follow the "how long could I hold my breath" thought process - if I'm going to have them out longer for pictures or whatever I will give them a some livewell time to recover.
    Have you tried jamming a hook in your cheek and then crawl into a confined space to see if you recover better also?
    If professionals who's careers depend on catching fish use FFS then that's what I'm using. Might be too simple of a philosophy but makes sense to me.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    If frogs had wings............
    I’d have frog shit on my windshield!
    If professionals who's careers depend on catching fish use FFS then that's what I'm using. Might be too simple of a philosophy but makes sense to me.

12. Member
    Hammner with an 11-7 to move into 2nd

13. Member
    It's infectious. Dude just loves to be out there.
    He’s a good breath of fresh air. Just seems like an all around great humble guy who’s optimism is a welcomed addition
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

14. Member
    Good lord get over it.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianKF View Post
    Why?
    Because it’s a bit much. Those fish will be just fine. And don’t give anti-fishing and hunting activists any fuel.

16. Member
    Trey might've just sealed it with a 7-13, I can't wait to see that fish catch

4 anglers over 120lbs.....

18. Member
    All top 10 over 100 lbs.

19. Member
    These weights are so ridiculous. lol

20. dartag1829
    Looks like updated AOY on the right. The cream really is rising to the top. I know only 2 events in but dang.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast