Repower 2000 renegade 19 dc

Anyone ever repose one on these, boat was always kept up I am original owne, just blow my old 175johnaon , looking into or at Suzuki ad Yama sho 175hp
    any thoughts?

I repower my 99 JR19 in 2014. My first motor had over 1000 hours. I've not put as many hours on my second motor because I don't go as often as I did 20 years ago. If this motor goes boom or wears out I'll repower again and keep on fishing. My hull is a tool that I use to catch fish. As long as its in good shape and servers my needs there's no need for me to get another boat. If I can fish out of it another 20 years then I'll be done fishing.

Now as for your specific situation...be aware if you repower with a brand new motor you will take a big hit on resale value even though you have a new motor. If your in this boat long term I suggest a new motor. If you think your going to be selling it within the next few years I would look for a good used motor...that's just my opinion.

3. Member
    Yamaha SHO for sure, much quicker than a Suzuki, and they can be flashed to get even more HP out of them, very reliable as well.

great boats, put the sho on it or a merc.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.