Hopefully simple nema connection question

Hey everyone, so i just picked up a point 1 to add to my current system, and it came with a nema starter kit and a power supply hookup for a unit. The question i have is i have a 15’ nema cable that will reach the front unit, but do i need a nema power supply for the front finder (it's hardwired into the fuse block) or will the 15ft cable link both units to the point 1? Both units got hard wired into the fuse block when i built the system because at the time when i bought it i learned that the t2i’s can link over Bluetooth and i didn’t have plans on adding anything else so i figured why spend the money on nema (should have just done it anyway)

Appreciate any help with figuring this out.

2. Member
    The Point-1 normally comes with a 15-foot cable and one tee.

You should get a NMEA2000 starter kit which comes with a power node with Tee, and two 2-foot drop cables with Tees, a 15-foot cable with two terminators (resisters).

Most connect the power node black and red to the boats main buss under the console. Then they attach a Tee with a 2-foot drop cable for the console graph, then the Point-1 tee and 15-foot cable which run back to the transom over the rear transducers, and then attach one terminator to the Point-1 Tee, and they attach the other Tee with 15-foot cable to the other side of the power node tee and run this cable up to the bow. They attach the second Tee for the second drop cable for the bow graph, and then attach the terminator to the other side of the Tee.

Make sure there is no magnetic interference back where you mount the Point-1 (including from the outboard when running). Also make sure your power node turns off when you shut off the main power switch because a Point-1 always pulls power unless the NMEA2000 network is switched off.
    ciao,
    Marc

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    The Point-1 normally comes with a 15-foot cable and one tee.

You should get a NMEA2000 starter kit which comes with a power node with Tee, and two 2-foot drop cables with Tees, a 15-foot cable with two terminators (resisters).

Most connect the power node black and red to the boats main buss under the console. Then they attach a Tee with a 2-foot drop cable for the console graph, then the Point-1 tee and 15-foot cable which run back to the transom over the rear transducers, and then attach one terminator to the Point-1 Tee, and they attach the other Tee with 15-foot cable to the other side of the power node tee and run this cable up to the bow. They attach the second Tee for the second drop cable for the bow graph, and then attach the terminator to the other side of the Tee.

Make sure there is no magnetic interference back where you mount the Point-1 (including from the outboard when running). Also make sure your power node turns off when you shut off the main power switch because a Point-1 always pulls power unless the NMEA2000 network is switched off.
    Thank you Marc, that really makes it much easier for me to understand the layout, guess i need to order a couple of parts to get this system completed. Appreciate it

4. Member
    Ok color me confused, so I’m trying to finish wiring up this install of the point 1 when it dawns on me that i don’t understand this cable that came with the entire setup. It’s a 2 part cable, one is the power (red end) for a lowrance finder unit and then there is a nema 2000 drop cable spliced into it. Can someone explain that to me because i haven’t ever seen that before.

5. Member
    Disregard, being a nema 2k newb I keep forgetting that you have to power the actual line. Now that i plugged that cable into a T the point 1 is finally showing up on the unit