Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Member
    Isn't that up to the lockmaster? Any lock I've ever been in you had to be tied to the side and engines off. If tied off I would think that would be trolling motor too. If not against the rules now which it apparently isn't it should be in the future. I've seen the locks cracked with a pretty good water difference and its not safe not to be tied off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    What do you mean he got permission? Are signs posted saying you cannot fish them and he got special permission? Or he just asked if it is allowed and no signs are posted?
    Supposedly it's not posted and McKinney asked both the TD and the lockmaster if it was allowed.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Supposedly it's not posted and McKinney asked both the TD and the lockmaster if it was allowed.
    This statement should clear it up.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdogfish View Post
    This statement should clear it up.
    They talked about it on live and he wasn't the only angler that asked about fishing them. There was at least 2 guys that asked the TD if it was allowed and it was. The old guard are just being pissy at this point.

5. Member
    what an embarrassment

Quote Originally Posted by jcdogfish View Post
    Isn't that up to the lockmaster? Any lock I've ever been in you had to be tied to the side and engines off. If tied off I would think that would be trolling motor too. If not against the rules now which it apparently isn't it should be in the future. I've seen the locks cracked with a pretty good water difference and its not safe not to be tied off.
    Are you even watching the event? These locks are tiny with only a 3 or 4 foot elevation difference between the bodies of water. These aren't the types of locks you're talking about.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    Yep. In fact they said McKinney went to extra lengths to confirm that it was indeed legal to fish the lock.
    According to BBC that's cheating and smoke. If you have to clarify the rules that's a gray area and is cause for DQ.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basskicker907 View Post
    According to BBC that's cheating and smoke. If you have to clarify the rules that's a gray area and is cause for DQ.

Do you argue with your husband this much too?

9. Member
    To be consistent, I would say if they had a specific rule like "locks off limits" and he was casting right up at the edge of the lock, its basically exactly what Wheeler did and I'd consider it in the gray for sure. Don't know the details though.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

10. Member
    So true!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass in the grass View Post
    Do you argue with your husband this much too?
    No your wife does a good enough job and listens to my complaints. No need for me to be married.

12. Member
    The funniest part of this thread is people calling 35 years old Drew Benton the “old guard”.
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

I will say that from an outsiders perspective, watching actual tournament fishermen troll the tournament-following goobers on BBC is mildly amusing.

Well done, Drew Benton, whoever you are. All it took was one hastily put together meme.

14. Member
    More drama about the drama

No your wife does a good enough job and listens to my complaints. No need for me to be married.
    Bazinga punk!!!

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    Are you even watching the event? These locks are tiny with only a 3 or 4 foot elevation difference between the bodies of water. These aren't the types of locks you're talking about.
    Now I have to ask you have you ever been in a lock that was cracked with a 2-3 foot difference on the other side??? Does not matter how big the lock is.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    I will say that from an outsiders perspective, watching actual tournament fishermen troll the tournament-following goobers on BBC is mildly amusing.

Well done, Drew Benton, whoever you are. All it took was one hastily put together meme.
    While i have commented on this thread, i do think you may be on to something

18. Member
    #FishBoatLocks
    ~~~~GROUND MEAT PRODUCTIONS~~~~
    OUTDOOR VIDEOS
    2016 XPRESS X21 ~ Yamaha F200LB ~ LOWRANCE ~ DAIWA ~

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    It's not nitpicking. It's attributing a comment to an individual that probably did not make the comment. You might not have an issue seeing a guy get accused of something he didn't say but some people don't want to see a good guy get labeled with a comment he didn't make.
    Yes Your Honor My Sincerest Apologies To The Court.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    Exactly. Now if he called the tournament director and got the ok to do it, then it's whatever. I don't know that he made that call though.
    He did. Get informed.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast