Protecting Your Travel Cover

I learned some things on my 2014 bird that I will share as I got to see how the cover wore. I had wear and holes at the upper anchors. Modest mold from use under a carport several months a year. Further, my skelatal straps on the cover where worn out in several spots. A new unit could be purchased for $1000

On new bird- I put pool noodle sections over front cleats and windshield when traveling with cover long distances. When parked under my carport in Floirda, I bought a cheap cover on Amazon to just keep bugs and stuff out of the boat. I don't use the stringer system either with this aftermarket cover. These steps should extend the life of the cover
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

2. Member
    I have to put my boat in storage and use a cheap light weight cover over the top to keep cover free from dust and bird crap. Don't usually have to worry about mold here. After two years still looks great. I do have to use the stringer system though because of no passenger console and being stored in the open for water runoff. Takes a 21' cover to fit with the stringers.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow