Thread: Li time battery

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    I would think of them the same as any other "generic" LiFePO4 battery: Likely identical to the name brands at 1/3 the cost, but also likely without a usable warranty. That has been good enough for me as I can have a replacement from Amazon on my doorstep in 2 days in the event one goes bad, still save money over the name brands, and not have to deal with the warranty process.

I think the amount of "made in America" or even "made of higher quality components" claims being thrown around by companies charging out the nose for these batteries is misleading, at best. The vast majority of these companies are selling batteries they bought in bulk from Ali Baba and paid the manufacturer a few bucks to slap the "brand name" logo onto the sides of the batteries before loading them into the shipping container. Sort of like tungsten weights, lithium cells and most (nearly all?) lithium batteries are coming from one of a couple factories in China.

Long way of getting there, but I wouldn't hestitate to buy one. I've also not hesitated to buy 4 other generic lithiums: 2 36v 40 ah which are entering their fourth year of service running my trolling motor, 1 12v 60 ah which ran my electronics for 3 years until I outgrew it, and 1 12v 100 ah currently running my electronics. Haven't had issues with any of them yet, knock on wood! In the event that my newest LiveScope addition outpaces the 100ah, I'll again look to generic for a higher-capacity replacement.
    FWIW I've used their warranty recently and they sent a return label and got me squared away. Doesn't mean they'll still be there in 5 years but you could say the same for some of these other companies

2. Member
    I bought 3 LiTime 100ah minis a little over a year ago 2/2023. So far they have done everything I have aske them to. I have given them quite a few long windy days, electric only lakes, Hudson River and St Lawrence current and they stood up to everything. I would get them again in a heartbeat.

3. Member
    Yes, lithium batteries are becoming increasingly popular in single 12V or 36V modes. They offer high energy efficiency, low weight and long run time. Many tool manufacturers already offer tools with lithium batteries, such as drills, drill drivers, saws, etc. Lithium batteries have stable performance and a long service life, making them an attractive choice for professional and home users.

4. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    we have a lot of installation with these
    https://youtube.com/shorts/1eIf2X45P...FVKm9nUs9JT8oe

Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    we have a lot of installation with these
    https://youtube.com/shorts/1eIf2X45P...FVKm9nUs9JT8oe

They're sending me one of the Group 24 versions, should be here tomorrow. Looking forward to messing with it! The Group 24 100Ah size is pretty solid, it'll be tough to beat the features on the LiTime G24, however.
    2020 Tracker 190 TX | 115 ProXS | Quicksilver Q4 21P Prop | Garmin Force w/MillerTech 36v-60Ah | Livescope |

YouTube - Fishing & Lithium Battery Content: https://www.youtube.com/@goodmanfishing/videos

6. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    I would think of them the same as any other "generic" LiFePO4 battery: Likely identical to the name brands at 1/3 the cost, but also likely without a usable warranty. That has been good enough for me as I can have a replacement from Amazon on my doorstep in 2 days in the event one goes bad, still save money over the name brands, and not have to deal with the warranty process.

I think the amount of "made in America" or even "made of higher quality components" claims being thrown around by companies charging out the nose for these batteries is misleading, at best. The vast majority of these companies are selling batteries they bought in bulk from Ali Baba and paid the manufacturer a few bucks to slap the "brand name" logo onto the sides of the batteries before loading them into the shipping container. Sort of like tungsten weights, lithium cells and most (nearly all?) lithium batteries are coming from one of a couple factories in China.

Long way of getting there, but I wouldn't hestitate to buy one. I've also not hesitated to buy 4 other generic lithiums: 2 36v 40 ah which are entering their fourth year of service running my trolling motor, 1 12v 60 ah which ran my electronics for 3 years until I outgrew it, and 1 12v 100 ah currently running my electronics. Haven't had issues with any of them yet, knock on wood! In the event that my newest LiveScope addition outpaces the 100ah, I'll again look to generic for a higher-capacity replacement.
    If these big name companies are so superior to every thing than let’s see the data .Tear it apart show us the difference show the data .The amazon version has been awesome for us and the length of days you can go and not have to change is amazing.We have ran the force on 36 volt 50 amp hour for 3 -4 fishing days and never miss a beat.For starting we use Ionic but we have killed that 125 fishing a couple days with not running the big motor much .So in that world you will need a dedicated 100 amp lithium.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12