Question 2007 20X2 fuel tank location?

I found a 2007 20X2 and was researching feedback on the hull before looking at it for potential purchase. Somebody mentioned in a post that Triton moved the fuel tank in 2008. If that is true, what did the relocation do to the boat regarding hole shot and speed and handling. I read these are the slower 20ft hulls but, what is the general opinion about them overall? Tube trailers an issue?
    Thanks

2. Member
    Slower for a Triton, meaning it wouldn't run close to 80 like a TR or HP hull with a 250 will, but it's still a 72-74 MPH boat when set up right. The fuel tank is under the seats, and floor.

3. Member
    My opinion is they are a daing nice boat. Not a speed demon but built solid ride really nice, especially if they have the spring seats. I had my ‘07 20x2 for 10 yrs and had sellers remorse when I got rid of it. The trailer was the only thing I didn’t like about. It was tube, and it had a little rust, but it was the oil baths that gave me fits.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ch View Post
    My opinion is they are a daing nice boat. Not a speed demon but built solid ride really nice, especially if they have the spring seats. I had my ‘07 20x2 for 10 yrs and had sellers remorse when I got rid of it. The trailer was the only thing I didn’t like about. It was tube, and it had a little rust, but it was the oil baths that gave me fits.
    I converted my hubs to regular grease. Lost a whole wheel, tire, hub and spindle because of the Vault hubs.

5. Member
    Thanks to everyone for the responses. How hard is it to swap the oil bath hubs to grease?

6. Member
    Changing oil bath to grease is easy.

Drain oil, remove hub, remove seal & bearings, clean hub & bearings with solvent, grease bearings by hand, reinstall rear bearing & new seal, reinstall hub, reinstall outer bearing & hardware, install grease bearing cover of choice (plain cap, trailer buddy, etc).
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC