19 TRX battery compartment hatch

I am looking at new boats and like the price and finish of the tritons but one of the things that I am scratching my head is the battery compartment hatch opens towards the back of the boat vs to the front of the boat. I guess I understand when loading batteries maybe its easier when out side of the boat but accessing the compartment when your on the boat imho leaves a lot to be desired. To be fair Skeeter does the same thing and some of the others but I really do not like it.

Just wondering what everyone thoughts about that back hatch and is it a pain etc...thanks!

2. Member
    What year 19 TrX are you looking at? I have a 2023 19 TrX Patriot and the battery hatch opens towards the bow of the boat.

3. Member
    I think most boats have the hinged side toward the front of the boat. I think some rangers have the hinged side toward the back. Most prefer it on the front side to access the batteries when standing outside the boat. There is also a concern the compartment could fly open when running down the lake if the hinge was on the back.
    Dave
    2021 Triton 18TRX, Mercury 200 ProXS-4s
    Lowrance Elite FS, w/ Active Target
    Humminbird Helix 9 MEGA SI G4N
    Humminbird Helix 9 MEGA DI G4N

4. Member
    I had a ranger before this and it opened the traditional way. I like it opening to the front so I can access it from outside of the boat. It is a pain in the rear to remove batteries no matter which way it opens.
    2017 Triton 18 TRX
    200 Mercury Pro XS opti

5. Member
    I’ve had two Nitros in the past and now two Tritons. The Nitros had the hinge on the backside and i do prefer that better. With having power poles on the back, trying to open the hatch and reach in to the power switch or even pulling batteries is a Pain in the Butt on the Tritons with the hinge in the frontside.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatlepants View Post
    What year 19 TrX are you looking at? I have a 2023 19 TrX Patriot and the battery hatch opens towards the bow of the boat.
    My 2023 19 TRX Patriot opens facing towards the motor.

7. Member
    I put a lift piston on the lid on my 23. Helps a bunch in getting it open and staying open.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119