Advice on removing thru hull fittings?

Any advice would be great. I purchased a center console fishing boat and would like to replace and reseal the transom. Not sure if there is a tool used to spin them how they are removed.

2. Member
    Are you asking about the brass well press fittings, plumbing fittings, or both. I made a pair of pliers for removing and re-installing the plumbing thru hull fittings. I will take a picture of them and post here later today. A lot of the center consoles I worked on had limited access to the retaining nut to the plumbing fitting. These pliers get in between the closely located thru hulls allowing the nut removal. Also I made a hex shaft tool to hold the inside tabs on thru hulls to prevent them from turning when re-installing. Sometimes it was used to break the 5200 loose too. The brass well fittings I usually chisel the lip up carefully then split the ring so it can be folded into itself to remove. You will need a Moller tool to install new drain tubes. I have in my Blazer post all the steps to install the tubes including the tool. Not sure what page but here is a link to the project.

https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1022839

3. Member
    Thank you Rojo I will look it up.

4. Member
    Bud here is a picture of the pliers I use to remove Thru Hull Fittings when deep & tight together in a bilge. Sorry to take so long to post, we took a direct tornado hit a couple of weeks ago and I have a lot going on working to get back to normal.

Thru Hull Fittings Pliers.jpg