Thread: 9mm edc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

9mm edc

Feeling the need to own a 9mm
    Sig p365?
    Hellcat?
    Other?
    Note; I did pick up a 365 the other day and it was nice.
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoner View Post
    Feeling the need to own a 9mm
    Sig p365?
    Hellcat?
    Other?
    Note; I did pick up a 365 the other day and it was nice.
    How large are your hands? Try out a 365 X macro if you haven't already. Fits like a glove for me and I know a couple of people who shelved their Hellcats in favor of the macro. I'd also put SW shield plus on the list for consideration as well as the Beretta PX4 and possibly the Ruger Max 9. This isn't a comprehensive review or list, just a few that come to mind if I was shopping
    Some people are so judgemental. You can tell just by looking at 'em.--Some random meme

Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    How large are your hands? Try out a 365 X macro if you haven't already. Fits like a glove for me and I know a couple of people who shelved their Hellcats in favor of the macro. I'd also put SW shield plus on the list for consideration as well as the Beretta PX4 and possibly the Ruger Max 9. This isn't a comprehensive review or list, just a few that come to mind if I was shopping
    That X macro is the reason Im looking It fit very well for the minute I had a hold of it.
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

4. Member
    Don't rule out a Glock 43x (longer grip). I traded a P365 that I added a Wilson Combat grip module with the longer grip in for the Glock.

5. Member
    Hellcat very handy for sure !!!
    520 L TDY

6. Member
    P365XL

Had a Hellcat and hated it. Sold it and bought a P365. Love it. Did swap out the grip module for a Wilson Combat. I shoot it as well as my larger 9mm pistols.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

S&W Shield Plus gets my vote I have one and love it.
    SeaArk ZX200DC Mercury 115 FourStroke

Another 365xl vote,love mine..even got my son in law(LEO) to get him,and my daughter one

10. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Normally go IWB with a G30S (10+1 double stack .45 ACP) but have been wanting something smaller for pocket carry in warm weather/lighter clothing.

Recently picked up a Sig P938 (7+1 single stack 9mm) and paired it with a custom holster and spare mag pouch from Robert Mika Mika's Pocket Holsters (mikaspocketholsters.com) Really liking the combo thus far.

Couple shots comparing the size of the 30 vs 938 and a couple of the holster/mag pouch from Mika's. Regarding the latter items, expect to wait a few weeks if you order... but also expect a quality, personalized product and outstanding customer service from the company owner. You'll receive a phone call from Robert to make sure you get what you need.

Who controls John Gill?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    Normally go IWB with a G30S (10+1 double stack .45 ACP) but have been wanting something smaller for pocket carry in warm weather/lighter clothing.

Recently picked up a Sig P938 (7+1 single stack 9mm) and paired it with a custom holster and spare mag pouch from Robert Mika Mika's Pocket Holsters (mikaspocketholsters.com) Really liking the combo thus far.

Couple shots comparing the size of the 30 vs 938 and a couple of the holster/mag pouch from Mika's. Regarding the latter items, expect to wait a few weeks if you order... but also expect a quality, personalized product and outstanding customer service from the company owner. You'll receive a phone call from Robert to make sure you get what you need.

Got me a G30 back in March, added an extended slide stop and Trijicon night sights. She's nice!! Happens to have the "frying pan finish" on it.

20240302_112305.jpg

I've held and shot them all. My go-to is the Hellcat pro.

13. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    Got me a G30 back in March, added an extended slide stop and Trijicon night sights. She's nice!! Happens to have the "frying pan finish" on it.

20240302_112305.jpg

Nice... I put a set of the express-style XS Big Dots (front is tritium) on my 30S. When it's bedtime, it gets a weapon light and a 13-round mag from a G21.

Who controls John Gill?

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    Nice... I put a set of the express-style XS Big Dots (front is tritium) on my 30S. When it's bedtime, it gets a weapon light and a 13-round mag from a G21.

Love my Gen 4 21!!

15. Member
    My 43x wears an extended slide lock and Wilson Combat sights, rear is a blacked out u-notch front is tritium with a gold bead outline.

20230403_160356.jpg
    Last edited by Cestratton; 05-07-2024 at 03:49 PM.

My smallest edc is a Glock 43x MOS, HOLOSUN EPS dot, Shield Arms 15 round mag, Shield Arms carry magwell, stimpled, Johnny Glocks trigger shoe, Langdon Tactical striker control device. The grip size makes this a crazy fast and accurate pistol !!! Just adding the shoe reduces pre travel and reset.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

Thanks for that link to the pocket holsters, I will check them out.

Too bad we all live so far apart, It would be fun to have a BBC range day show and tell.

I’ve had an Sig P365 X Macro Comp (17+1) for about 6 months now. Absolutely impressed with it. I carry it all the time in a Craft High Ride holster.
    Read the reviews.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Find a range and rent the 365 and the hellcat then pick is my advice. I have a standard P365 I have been carrying for years now. It is a great CCW size and weight. I carry with the flush 10 round and have the 12 round magazine as a reload you can also get a 15 round I think. It is my primary carry gun and really have no need to change as it works well for me. I have looked at the Hellcat but most reviews seem to lean back to the 365 because of the trigger but I am sure it is a fine handgun too. I wished my 365 had an optics mount (I got it before that was an option). I can order a slide if I really wanted to add a red dote and I might do that at some point. The 365 is too big for me to pocket carry I have a LCP Max for that.

20. Member
    G4 Taurus good alternative or Ruger max 9 , Too bad don't make PF9 anymore , great small safe EDC
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast