2007 250 Pro XS Low Power/RPM

Engine Serial #1B506348

So after a long summer without a boat last year as it was in the shop because it wouldnt start. I tried a new fuel filter and plugs before taking it in. Mechanic said it was probably the tracker valve and wasn't a big deal. Well after the tracker valve didn't fix it he moved to the fuel rails and said they needed to be shipped out in order to be rebuilt. After another month with no update I called and he said the rebuild guy ghosted him and stole his money and my rails! After another couple months he informed me it was all fixed and I could pick it up. Being in the north climate I was only able to run it for about 10 minutes(3 runs up on plane). Seemed to run pretty good then it had to go into storage for the winter. I took it out yesterday for the first run since being stored. Took about 3 times as long to get on plane and topped out at 15mph slower than normal. Felt like it was running on only 5 cylinders. Checked the plugs and seemed like one wire was suspect. Bought a new set of plug wires and switched them all out and took it to the lake. Seemed to idle better but not quite like it should. Still has a hard time getting on plane and speed is down and RPMs @ 5100. Any suggestions before I take it into a different shop and start all over again? I should note I switched to Lithium trolling battery and lost significant weight in the back.

2. Member
    compression test inspect cyl sleeves , check for spark on all 6 cylinders
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    And inspect the plugs for any that have obviously different color or burn pattern, metallic fragments, or cracks in the porcelain.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor