HDS Live Side scan issue

I have a 2 in 1 transducer for down/side imaging. Down imaging works fine, but side imaging is darkened out (see bottom wide image) and does not produce a picture. This particular image is while the boat is out of the water, but it's the same (down is bright and side imaging is dark). I did a soft reset, but it still looks the same. Any thoughts?

lowrance.jpg

2. Member
    I can’t remember but do you have to set the template up where the sidescan knows which transducer to use? I can’t remember if the down and side is just one set to h or if they are configured separately?

3. Member
    Im pretty sure that transducer is plug and play. I thought they used the same crystals, so if one worked the other did, but maybe I'm wrong.

4. Member
    Down and SIde are 2 different Icons Change the frequency to 455 till you get it going. 800 is very hard to see over 10ft deep

5. Member
    According to the 2d depth you were setting in ~8 fow(when it was stopped).

If that's the case with range at 100' water column is all you're apt to see. Either get in deeper water or dial the range back to ~40'

6. Member
    As noted, that picture was while in the garage out of the water. It worked fine last year before I put it away for the winter and this spring it just stopped. Assume the transducer went bad. I've always had good luck with Lowrance, but having a lot of bad luck lately. Will contact support and see what they say.