Thread: Costa Service

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Costa Service

I have had a paid of Costa's for probably 10 years, the plastic had came off the arms and lenses were scratched up. My wife got online and filled out a warranty form and we sent them my old one's and i had a new pair at the house in about 5 days. That to me is service.

Good company.

3. Member
    Hi Mike.

4. Member
    I had to warranty my Blackfins for a second time this year for paint bubbling and the rubber falling off and had Zero issues doing it.

5. Moderator
    Im about to warranty my permits for the same thing. The black rubber coming off. Kind of sick of it honestly. I bet I've had to send back 5 pairs over the years....for the same thing.

6. Member
    Warranty is good because it has to be. I've owned 5 pair of them and the rubber nose piece has come off every single pair... will never buy another pair of Costas. Mauis, Hobies and Smiths are all better.

7. Member
    Yep was told sunblock and sweet was what causes the paint and rubber to come off.

8. Member
    I have had to have a handful of pairs replaced under warranty over the years and they have been very good. Only downside is there has been once or twice when they no longer make the lens color/mirror combo that I had initially and that really sucks.
    '13 Triton 19SE 225 Pro XS
    '09 Chevy Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by castforcash View Post
    Warranty is good because it has to be. I've owned 5 pair of them and the rubber nose piece has come off every single pair... will never buy another pair of Costas. Mauis, Hobies and Smiths are all better.

Costa makes a bunch of styles without rubber pieces.

10. Member
    I bought a pair at 2012 boat show. they've replaced them 4 times now. incredible.

11. Member
    Love my Costa's and their customer service is great.

I've had to have 2 pairs warrantied, and both were very easy. One pair even came from eBay on the cheap.
    '05 Stratos 200 ProXL, '05 Evinrude 225HO

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Costa makes a bunch of styles without rubber pieces.
    And that's great Mark, but I have to believe the Fantail frame is one of their most popular so how can they not figure out what glue to use to hold the rubber nose piece on? One of my replacement pairs had the nose piece fall off after a month. I'm done with them, no reason to drop that kind of money on glasses that keep failing.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobt29 View Post
    Yep was told sunblock and sweet was what causes the paint and rubber to come off.
    I rarely use sunscreen, and I am careful with my glasses. I have a pair of the original Hobie sightmaster glasses that I bought in '95....they're not fashionable by any means, but they are still scratch free and by far my favorite ever for sight fishing the great lakes.

15. Member
    Ill be honest, I wish I had this luck. Sent in (2) separate pairs, years apart. Neither one were covered under warranty. One was the rubber section falling off (Not covered) and the other was a Lense that was chipped on the edge and causing discoloration. Maybe they did not like me. Not sure.
    Skeeter Sx186 w/ yamaha 150

16. Member
    I think a couple times I paid the $50 'repair' fee. this latest time they didnt have that option and just gave me another pair

Quote Originally Posted by Chadsc View Post
    Ill be honest, I wish I had this luck. Sent in (2) separate pairs, years apart. Neither one were covered under warranty. One was the rubber section falling off (Not covered) and the other was a Lense that was chipped on the edge and causing discoloration. Maybe they did not like me. Not sure.

17. Member
    Have had to use their service twice in last 1y years and more recently for a 12 year old pair which they fully warranted. Need more service like this.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by castforcash View Post
    So so this and don't have to pay $20 processing/shipping fees for smiths. NEVER COSTA

Quote Originally Posted by jacobt29 View Post
    Why on earth would they market to the fishing crowd in that case? I’ve had to send in every pair I’ve purchased (approximately 6 pairs at this point) for the same reason. Rubber pieces will not stay on. It’s sad that a $25 pair off Amazon will stay together longer.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

20. Member
    i dont think they have been the same since they were bought out in 2020... my next pair will probably be Bajio where the old costa employees went

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast