House battery wiring for 4 units, Mega Live and ethernet help

I have the following setup:

2 Solix 10 Mega SI Gen 2 at the console. 1199 and heading sensor at the bow. Ethernet hub in the battery compartment. I have these direct wired to a breaker switch with inline blade fuses to a 100 AH lithium.

I am adding a Helix 12 Mega DI and Mega Live at the bow. Adding an ethernet hub in my starboard rod locker.

I am looking to add a Blue Sea Systems fuse block in the starboard rod locker and connecting the three new units to it along with the 1199 and heading sensor. I am planning on using 8-gauge wire from the lithium to a 30 amp buss breaker and then to the fuse block. Then 12-14 gauge from the fuse block to the units.

If there anything wrong with keeping the console units wired via inline fuses to the breaker switch? Should I install a second fuse block in the battery compartment? There is not a lot of room underneath my console and especially through the access hole into the console from the gunwale (nightmare to run wires especially thicker wires like network and transducer).

Can I put two fuse blocks in line with 8 gauge wire?

Thank you for your help.
    Shane Osborne
    Land of Oz Retrievers
    Battle Lake, MN

2. Member
    1. Run 8awg from the lithium in the bilge to the console with a 30 amp switchable breaker as close to the battery as possible.
    2. Fuse block under the console. If not enough room then rod locker next to hub.
    3. Console units factory power cable directly to fuse block.
    4. Run 12awg from fuse block to bow for each unit or accessory, add one or two extra for expansion in the future.
    5. Only use copper tinned wire and connectors. All connectors should be heat shrink.

In your case I would run 6 gauge from battery to fuse/buss box, 100 ah hour is to small for your needs, Get a 170 lithium to do double duty, cranking and house use, or 2 100ah on parralell
    Hummingbirds are very power hungry and this way you will be set up for future expansion
    Thank You Leon Pugh

4. Member
    I run 4 Solix, 2 hubs, live, and mega 360 all from a 100 battery and can go long days. I’ve yet to deplete them even on 11 hour days. Yes you can put two fuse blocks in line but the second may have a slight drop in voltage. Would not hurt to run a main line to both fuse blocks.