Thread: Xpree H20 Bass

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Xpree H20 Bass

Xpress just put out a 20 foot H series bass boat. Priced well from what I see, but their website is terrible and doesn't ever have detailed photos of the interior layout of the boat.

2. #FRB
    If I had to guess it's just an H18 with 2' extra front deck and a 175hp on the back. I like how there's just a single lid on the console side instead of two lids like on the 17 and 18. Don't let the usual suspects try to tell you it's underpowered because it's a price point boat and will run just fine with a 175. The Hyperlift series is a great platform. Should break 60 anyway. Looks like a lot of boat for the money. Won't be as refined as something like a Vexus or Ranger RT but the Seadek and bedliner top cap is nice and built like a tank. I bet when the H20 bass hits the lot you'll end up seeing them everywhere in a short amount of time. For those saying it needs a 200 or 225 Xpress has the X19 and X21 to choose from for a lot more money and that bigger motor will add several grand to the price. Remember, PRICE POINT BOAT but at least one that will be along shortly doesn't seem to understand why price point boats are important and who they're marketed to.
    Last edited by Highcentered; 05-03-2024 at 12:51 PM.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

3. Member
    Way too big of a boat for a 175hp.

Did you go through the gallery at the bottom of the page, lot's of interior pictures.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    A lot of fishermen, especially non-tournament, are happy cruising around at 40-60 mph and are not concerned about changing props and adjusting the jackplate to gain 3 mph.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfish View Post
    A lot of fishermen, especially non-tournament, are happy cruising around at 40-60 mph and are not concerned about changing props and adjusting the jackplate to gain 3 mph.
    They can offer it with a 175hp but definitely don't limit it to a 175.

7. Member
    it's only a few inches longer than an RT198, so 175 should be nice

8. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfish View Post
    Yeah, I actually slowed my H18 down by switching to a prop that would make it handle a lot better in the MIDrange. I might have lost 2mph tops but what I gained everywhere else makes the speed loss no big deal. I mainly fish Maumelle so really no need to run WOT most of the time unless you're going from one end of the lake to the other. Bet it only burns half the gas with the different prop. I guess being older and not in a big hurry anymore is something to think about. It's hard for younger people like bassfisher444 to understand that not everyone gives a damn about top speed. How the boat fishes trolling motor down is most important as long as the big motor will get the boat down the lake good enough. If the H20 with a 175 would have been an option last year it would have been a VERY TOUGH CHOICE. The bigger front deck and better storage would have been the selling point NOT the bigger motor.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

9. Member
    There is way more to take into consideration than just top speed when it comes to boat hp. Take that 20 foot boat and put a 36v trolling motor on the bow along with a couple graphs, power poles on the back, loaded down with rods, gear, tackle, 2 or 3 people, full livewell and fuel and it is going to be tough to get on plane with a 175 on it, and once you do I doubt it will go much over about 50 MPH loaded like that. A bigger motor like the 200 or larger with more displacement would get that boat up on plane much easier with a load, you could still run it at at the same speed and get better fuel mileage and not stress the motor as much.

10. #FRB
    There is way more to take into consideration than just top speed when it comes to boat hp. Take that 20 foot boat and put a 36v trolling motor on the bow along with a couple graphs, power poles on the back, loaded down with rods, gear, tackle, 2 or 3 people, full livewell and fuel and it is going to be tough to get on plane with a 175 on it, and once you do I doubt it will go much over about 50 MPH loaded like that. A bigger motor like the 200 or larger with more displacement would get that boat up on plane much easier with a load, you could still run it at at the same speed and get better fuel mileage and not stress the motor as much.
    Prop it right and it will be fine. I understand the science behind it but also understand the Hyperlift series is a price point boat. It's not the boat for people like you but would be fine for the casual angler like myself that also fishes solo 99% of the time. If you want a more capable boat get the X19 or X21. It's really that simple. Maybe you should start your own boat company and do things your way? Until then the existing boat companies will do things their way and make stuff the market will buy.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

11. Member
    Looking at the specs it does seem like a large boat to only have a 175 on it. I understand it's a more "value priced" boat if you can even call it that, not cheap by any means, but many people would want a boat with less features, but still have a good sized motor on it. Reminds me of when Ford was putting the 6.2 V8s in F150s, they were only sold in the high end Lariat, or Platinum models, I tried to get a bare bones XL truck with one but it wasn't available.

12. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotAW4 View Post
    Looking at the specs it does seem like a large boat to only have a 175 on it. I understand it's a more "value priced" boat if you can even call it that, not cheap by any means, but many people would want a boat with less features, but still have a good sized motor on it. Reminds me of when Ford was putting the 6.2 V8s in F150s, they were only sold in the high end Lariat, or Platinum models, I tried to get a bare bones XL truck with one but it wasn't available.
    Can't have this unless you pay extra for that. It sucks but that's how they "get you". Why would most people buy the more expensive hull if they could get the same motor on a more stripped down hull of the same size and safe a couple grand? Maybe it's just my training in marketing talking here.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

13. Member
    My Uncle had a 2007 X-19 with a 150 Yamaha Carb'd. It would hit 60 all day long. A 175 on a 1365# hull would be a rocket.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

14. #FRB
    For those saying this hull is underpowered for a 175 I hear you can flash the 150 and 175 SHO to over 200hp. Or just see if you can buy the hull without a motor and bolt whatever you want on it. Good luck getting reliable insurance if you do the second option
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxTide View Post
    My Uncle had a 2007 X-19 with a 150 Yamaha Carb'd. It would hit 60 all day long. A 175 on a 1365# hull would be a rocket.
    May hit 60 lightly loaded with a 175.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxTide View Post
    My 1550lb Ranger RT198p with a 150hp hits 57mph. Different hull for sure but both are pad and 20ft long within a few inches. But the Xpress will likely top that speed easily.

But more importantly, those kind of top speeds are plenty when comfort and safety are factored in. High 50s to low 60s just feels different in an aluminum hull that has less Vee than a glass hull with more Vee or deadrise running faster.

It is being marketed as a fishing boat not a racing boat. Top speed should be a secondary consideration to stability, storage, etc. 175hp on that weight padded hull will have zero problem lifting it out if the water... even without flashing the ECU!

The H20 is a good looking rig at an attractive price point that I bet sells well relative to its competition.

17. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyred View Post
    My 1550lb Ranger RT198p with a 150hp hits 57mph. Different hull for sure but both are pad and 20ft long within a few inches. But the Xpress will likely top that speed easily.

But more importantly, those kind of top speeds are plenty when comfort and safety are factored in. High 50s to low 60s just feels different in an aluminum hull that has less Vee than a glass hull with more Vee or deadrise running faster.

It is being marketed as a fishing boat not a racing boat. Top speed should be a secondary consideration to stability, storage, etc. 175hp on that weight padded hull will have zero problem lifting it out if the water... even without flashing the ECU!

The H20 is a good looking rig at an attractive price point that I bet sells well relative to its competition.
    You're right about tin feeling different at speed. Gotta drop the nose and let it cut more often. I still don't understand why some people think everyone wants a speed boat when "good enough" will be fine for most people. The H20/175 combo with a good 4 blade prop like a Turbo should run nicely and be a fairly stable platform.

And you see the H20 bay boat with a 115 a lot. Makes me wonder if that's because those boats normally won't be stretched out anyway in the places that boat is marketed for. Getting there fast and getting there safely can be two very different things.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

18. Member
    My 20’10” RB200 with a 150 runs 54mph in the dead of august. It hit 57in the late winter lite…. Good enough for me, but Im usually standing up. Its not near as fast as my previous 20’ glass boats with 250’s, but it isnt meant to be.

19. Member
    Definitely has my attention. I've been looking at the X19 for years as a future replacement for my RT188. I have to say I really like the layout and overall package of that H20. Has the underseat storage like my RT188 and nice big lockers. I'd be happy with mid 50s and this boat would cruise at that. Glad you posted this up.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

20. Member
    May hit 60 lightly loaded with a 175.
    Hell my old h-56 would hit 60 with a 135 mariner on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast