Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Another thing is I was letting if idle for a few minutes and got a warning beep with a message saying thermostat needs serviced. However it idles between 125-129 degrees which seems normal to me.

That is an average of both temp sensors. Bet one of them is stuck open a little
    Thank You Leon Pugh

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Since it will give higher priority to a "hot" bank, you can actually have a thermostat fault due to a sticking-open PORT thermostat, and be HOT on the Starboard side (even potentially overheating).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    The under temp issue progressively got worse so I pulled the thermostats and found the issue. Tested the thermostats, put it all back together and it gets up to temp fine now.
    20240509_175014.jpg

20240509_180043.jpg

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Dang... been running in the flower bed?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Dang... been running in the flower bed?
    LOL, not sure how that happened. I ran my old motor in far dirtier water than I have this one so far and I never had that problem with it. I guess the Torque master lower picks up debris easier.

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Make sure you check the strainer as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12