Thread: GPX to ADM

GPX to ADM

I have some waypoints in GPX that I need to convert to ADM, there are too many (over the 5,000 limit) and my graph will not load them all for me to simply do it on there. I need them in ADM to put on HomePort and my HomePort will only let me load GPX. Anyone know of a converter I can use for this? Or how I can get it to work? Thanks!

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Try this......first step in HP, at the top, go to "Utilities>Options>Devices> and for the data format for transfer, change it to ADM then ok and close that window.......now import your GPX to Homeport....., then insert your Garmin AC card.....HP will recognize the Garmin card, when it reads the card you will see it show up in the "Devices" under Library on left side.....now window all your waypoints or groups or whatever you want and with the arrow/pointer on top of a waypoint (anyone that is highlighted), right click, "send to"....another window will open up and it will show your memory card, pick it and, another window will open, there you can name it with "ADM" extension and will save to the card. I believe this is the only way to save it out to an ADM file is direct to the card.

Not sure if you are aware, but you can window and save waypoint groups in HP according to certain lakes, rivers, etc. That way you can have all file separate for each body of water......takes a little time but can be done.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

I use this, it's quick and easy !

https://www.gpsvisualizer.com/
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Unless i missed it, it doesn't save files to an ADM file...

5. Member
    I'm a little confused. You say that you have your waypoints in gpx already. Why don't you just import the gpx that has all your waypoints into HomePort. At that point, you can just do like "fishin" said and split them up. You can "draw a box" around a lake then send those waypoints to a new list. You can split everything up by lakes or put them in different "regions". It only takes a few seconds. I'm not understanding why you need them in ADM format.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

6. Member
    My HomePort will only load ADM files for some reason… I can export them as adm or gpx, but it won’t even recognize that I have a gpx file on my sd card.

7. Member
    Yes sir, that is what I am working on doing. I actually just got HomePort from you a while back and am setting everything up by lake.

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    It should import the GPX file.

9. Member
    That is strange. Are you using PC or Mac version? I have never used the Mac version so I don’t know about it.
    Have you created a Folder under your “My Collections” folder? When you create a New folder, highlight it then go to “File” > “Import into “the name of the folder you created” > An “Import File” box will open > Go to the very bottom right just above the “Open & Cancel” option > Click that box and see if gpx is an option. The default option should be “All Supported Formats” which includes ADM, GPX, etc. Maybe yours is set to ADM for some reason. Change it to “All Supported Formats” OR “GPs eXchange Format which is gpx. If that isn’t it, I’m not sure what is happening.
    If that doesn’t work, just send me a message. I have been gpx programming for many years for all the different brands so I should be able to get you fixed up.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Unless i missed it, it doesn't save files to an ADM file...
    OOPS, sorry, I miss understood. I change Google Earth KMZ to GPX files and then load them into the graphs
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

11. Member
    I see where that can work now, thanks! The only problem is it says there’s an error and won’t load it. I can put it in my unit and it will load some of it until it fills the memory. Think I can put it in a Lowrance and re-save it as adm and it work possibly?

12. Member
    I just got them all to upload on Google Earth Pro, how are you guys exporting from the to HomePort?

13. Member
    Got them, thanks everyone!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Webster View Post
    I just got them all to upload on Google Earth Pro, how are you guys exporting from the to HomePort?
    HomePort will actually import Google Earth files
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike2718 View Post
    HomePort will actually import Google Earth files
    And Google Earth will actually import GPX files.