Seat Pedestal Bushing

Front deck seat pedestal bushing on my 2020 21' L bit the dust. Anyone know the correct part number for this and best source of new bushing install kit?

2020 Ranger 521L Tour, 300 Mercury, 112 Minn Kota Ultrex
    3 12" Helix Units, Mega Si, Mega Di, Mega 360, Garmin 8412 W LiveScope mounted on Rite Hite Turret.

2. Member
    Best source is any Ranger dealer or Ranger Parts. We have 3 excellent Ranger dealers here in Ohio, all of whom typically would have your bushing kit in the mail same day you called. You won’t need a part number; just provide your hull ID number. And basically the same bushing is used in all their fiberglass boats, so you probably wouldn’t even need the hull ID. It’s not a large/heavy item, so a standard USPS shipping envelope or smallest box would suffice.

3. Member
    I recently got this bushing insert for my 2014 Z520C. And noticed that Springfield has made the part with looser tolerances than my original insert in the boat. Is this what others are finding as well when they get these new inserts? I run rough water and feel that with the bike seat on the front deck it will really slop around a lot up there now. Before this was never a concern.

4. Member
    Plenty on amazon and ebay also with tools to install
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

5. Member
    Does anyone know why these inserts seem to swell?
    2018 Z520L 50th Anniversary - 250 Pro XS 2-Stroke SN - 2B527745 / Reman Powerhead Built 8/2021 SN - QSCS00380OS0

6. Member
    Springfield #2100040
    Early Rangers used #2100038
    PartsVu had good price on them the last time I checked.

7. Member
    I have part 210004 in my 2014.

so I decided to get ahold of Springfield and ask them about that bushing and how it has more play than the original when uninstalled. And apparently those bushings will compress when they are installed. So hopefully it compresses when I tap in the new insert.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackl View Post
    I have part 210004 in my 2014.

so I decided to get ahold of Springfield and ask them about that bushing and how it has more play than the original when uninstalled. And apparently those bushings will compress when they are installed. So hopefully it compresses when I tap in the new insert.
    Makes sense to me. If it’s tight going in—and ones I’ve installed have been very tight—then it has to compress. I doubt the deck will expand.

9. Member
    Update on this just for those that are expecting the new bushings to compress after install or be as tight as original part… I installed this and there was basically no compression as per Springfield…

so I would only replace the originals if absolutely necessary. Or you will possibly have a pedestal seat that has a lot of slop!!!

Yes, same here. I put a piece of packing tape on one side of the post, about an inch wide
    2016 Z520, 2018 250 Pro LPXS sn/ 2B590153, Helix 10s on bow and console, 360 bow and 112 Ultrex, 126sv and Livescope.
    Son inherited - 1997 462VS 150 Johnson Faststrike, 800 series birds, side image, 110 Fortrex

11. Member
    Have replaced this three times on my boat. Third time it broke, I said screw it and left it. All failed the same way…entire bottom piece of plastic broke free. This part is poorly designed and does not seem to have the ability to withstand forces the seat places on it. Maybe a steel bushing would make more sense. I always took the seats down when travelers long distances on the water or on the road…never left them in and they still broke.

12. Member
    This type of plastic will “grow” on inside diameter.
    Just the nature of the beast.
    i agree a metal bushing would be better.

13. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Ranger uses two different inserts. One for the older Rangers and one for the newer. I don't remember the cut off year. The guys with the loose fit problem might be using the wrong inserts. I found this out when I had to replace the entire thing in the rear deck. I ordered from Ranger, and they told me about it. They said to remind them if I needed to re-order one of the bushings, that I would have the old in the front and the new in the rear. By the way, ordering direct from Ranger was a lot cheaper than my local Ranger dealer.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67