Ranger 185VX 2004 support location

Hello, I owned a 185VX 2004. I want to removed the ranger trailer to do work on it and replaced the carpet. I needed to raised the boat and the rear of this boat is confusing for stand support location. It'S my first bassboat and I'm use to aluminum with a different support structure.

I want to know if I can sit the aft portion (I mean the flat surface) on stand ? I don't know if other have done it before. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13lf...usp=drive_link
    RANGER 185VX 2004
    Mercury Opti 175 DFI

Love fishing that's all I can say!!

Jack the front all the way down, then use 2 jack stands and a 2x4 under the rear at the step, raise the jack stands with the 2x4 on top of them about 4-5' apart as close to the step, then raise the front jack until the rear rests on the 2x4. Then you need 2 floor jacks to work the boat off the trailer. Jack the Keel up behind the middle cross brace until the boat is off the trailer. Roll the trailer forward until you hit the rear cross piece, then repeat until you get the trailer completely out.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

3. Member
    RANGER 185VX 2004
    Mercury Opti 175 DFI

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    Jack the front all the way down, then use 2 jack stands and a 2x4 under the rear at the step, raise the jack stands with the 2x4 on top of them about 4-5' apart as close to the step, then raise the front jack until the rear rests on the 2x4. Then you need 2 floor jacks to work the boat off the trailer. Jack the Keel up behind the middle cross brace until the boat is off the trailer. Roll the trailer forward until you hit the rear cross piece, then repeat until you get the trailer completely out.

Thanks
    RANGER 185VX 2004
    Mercury Opti 175 DFI

5. Member
    I had the same boat/motor. I know you are asking about supporting the hull while removing the trailer.
    If you decide not to remove the trailer while the hull is supported, it is easy to lift the hull from one side at a time to install new bunks, which is what I did on that boat.

I stacked and screwed together several 2x6 boards, with the top board being ~ 42-48" Long and put a piece of tool box drawer liner on top.
    The image with the red lines shows the strake that I used where I applied the lift. It worked well to remove the bunks on each side.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250