Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I used a hacksaw blade to cut about 1/4 of the way through and then stuck a small prybar in the cut to pop it off
    Pool 10

2. Member
    Not sure why anyone would use epoxy to set a shoot thru, a pool of silicone or goop product works just as well and can be removed somewhat easier. I have been needing to remove an old xducer in my bilge and reinstall one that works with my H-bird for depth while on plane
    2005 Nitro NX 882
    2002 Mercury 175 EFI

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac1984 View Post
    Sorry yes, shoot thru…. always has aluminum boats so I am new to the idea.

I was told a 2x4 and hammer but there is so little room, not sure I will be able to swing a hammer…

How much force should I expect to be needed? and then can I epoxy the new one in that spot?
    Assuming you're not going to use the old transducer, just hit it directly with a hammer and knock it loose. Hand jam a chisel to knock out the bug chunks of epoxy and follow it with a palm sander. Don't bother going too fine because it will stick better after the coarse grit. Just make sure it's flat and even.

Be sure to use slow cure epoxy so the air bubbles will have time to escape before it cures.

Steel City Bassmasters - Granite City, Illinois

4. Member
    If you use a hammer be cautious it dosent bounce off the ducer and hit a pump, they will crack.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12