Unconventional setup

Hey BBC! Feels good to be back on here after taking a few year hiatus.

I have an unconventional setup to try to prop and I bet you guys can help a little.

I have a 1998 Procraft SuperPro 200 and I fell on a 2019 Mercury 200 3.4l V6. I had a 1998 Merc 200 EFI 2.5l before.

When I got the boat it ran a Trophy 25 4 blade and ran near 6000rpm top speed of 70mph. The first year I had it it blew and got a replacement quicksilver powerhead and it just wasn't the same after. Had to downsize to a 21 pitch and lost basically 10 mph. I received the new motor but it's currently a long shaft left hand rotation . I will be converting the LU to right hand short shaft (I'm pretty sure) and wondering what prop you guys would suggest. I'm a big guy and so is my current tournament partner, I'm looking for more for a good holeshot but don't want to over rev my new to me engine. 25 pitch 4 blade again?

thanks for taking the time
    Fish-On
    Aaron

2. Member
    heavy boat a bravo1 or marks xl might be a great place to start
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. Member
    You can't over rev one, the computer will kick in and kill power before you do that. What you don't want to do is use to big of a pitch prop that makes the engine not rev high enough. I highly doubt that engine will be able to turn enough RPM with a 25" pitch prop. A 23" pitch is more like what you will need.

4. Member
    That's good, I have a 23 and a 21 left over from my 2 stroke, maybe I'll try that.

Engine came with a trophy 21 left hand, dunno what to do with that? unless I want quick holeshot in reverse
    Fish-On
    Aaron

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSlick View Post
    That's good, I have a 23 and a 21 left over from my 2 stroke, maybe I'll try that.

Engine came with a trophy 21 left hand, dunno what to do with that? unless I want quick holeshot in reverse
    Does it have a counter rotation lower unit on it?

6. Member
    It does right now but I'm in the process of changing it to a short right turn
    Fish-On
    Aaron