anyone using new ultrathin Seaguar braid

If so, what kind of leader to braid knot are you using? My favorite connection knots that I've used for years with other braids, even 6 lb braids, don't do well with this latest seaguar stuff. After tying what seems to be a perfect knot, the braid, although closely trimmed with good braid cutters, seems to fluff and unravel after a few casts, Has anyone else had this problem? The same thing occurs with FG knots, back-to-back uniknot, and other good braid to fluoro knots. Any thoughts or experiences? thanks,

2. Member
    Have you tried the Alberto knot?

some braids inherently are not friendly to leader knots (kanzen, Gliss, Fireline, nanofil, etc). Unfortunately through trial and error you’ll find one that works for that specific line. As an example, I used Gliss on my trout rod and neither blood knots nor uni knots held; an alberto was the only one that worked for me
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

You're probably trimming it too close. I've had that issue with thin braids across the board, but especially those that are "fused" (like the now-defunct Nanofil or Ardent Gliss) or with high carrier counts. Leave a little extra on the braid tag--it won't hurt anything--and add a extra overhand knot or three to your FG knot. I also have to do like 40 wraps with Gliss to get it not to slip out on an FG, so if you're not 100% sure that it's the braid coming unraveled, this might be the real issue.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

4. Member
    All good advice...and rolling a small dab of superglue on the knot/braid will also help.

5. Member
    thanks for the suggestions. I applied a touch of superglue yesterday, and will know tomorrow on the lake if it helps. A longer braid tag makes the problem much worse. Seaguar's new PE X8 is the braid in question. 12 lb is super thin, Casts wonderfully for unmatched distance with light lures, but the braid tag "fluffs" or even unravels after a few casts. Again, thanks for your responses. May just go back to 8 lb Seaguar smackdown...

Lune Outdoors Knot Sense is way better than super glue. Check it out.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

7. Member
    If it's just the tag end that is fluffing, then CAREFULLY/SKILLFULLY burn the tag end down with a lighter.