Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    How many miles do you have on the POS Ford?

2. Member
    Tough time to be buying a new vehicle right now with the interest rates being back to 'normal'. Waiting until they clear out the lots for the new stock does not appear to be an option for you presently but 8k for a new tranny is pricey to say the least. I would try a salvage yard or reman before going all in on a new one.

It's a great time to buy a truck. Trucks are $15-20K cheaper then they were 3-4 years ago.

4. Member
    You must be hanging on on Willie's bus ! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    It's a great time to buy a truck. Trucks are $15-20K cheaper then they were 3-4 years ago.

5. Member
    Ram is having some good incentives but any deal is going to be on the less popular models regardless of the manufacturer. I would have a good transmission shop look it over to make sure you need a rebuild. If the transmission is shot the rest of the truck isnt going to be that far behind it IMO.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post

7. Member
    If professionals who's careers depend on catching fish use FFS then that's what I'm using. Might be too simple of a philosophy but makes sense to me.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    Is it though? $8K today, then whats next month, next year, or the year after that? I hate the constant repair/replace jobs. Once the repairs start adding up, it might not be much cheaper than a new monthly payment.
    I dont disagree completely but trading a truck in with a bad transmission will set you back more than the 8k plus i think a transmission can be found for cheaper. Also, it would take quite a few repairs to get to 40k and at that point you would have a brand new drivetrain. If the mileage was 175+ i may change my view but my truck has 200k and it would be getting a new transmission. I refuse to pay the ridiculous prices for todays trucks

Nope. Like I said. Its's a great time to buy a truck. Trucks are $15-20K cheaper than they were 3-4 years ago. Now, it may not be the best time to borrow money, which I'm glad of that too, because I got a 2,000% raise of my interest income. that makes it even easier to buy me a new truck. . 3-4 years ago there were no discounts, and most had market adjustment addons of $5-10K. Yeah, it doesn't fit the popular narrative here, of doom and gloom, destruction, and how bad things are.

trucks.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jtlucas View Post
    You must be hanging on on Willie's bus ! LOL

So check in to jasper we just bought one for a 13 it was 6k installed but it has a great warranty
    2023 ranger 198p

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by One fat one View Post
    So check in to jasper we just bought one for a 13 it was 6k installed but it has a great warranty
    Good thing it has a great warranty because you will need it.

12. Member
    YOLO. Buy the new truck!
    Of course I say that as I currently drive an 08 F150 with 230,000.
    2013 Pantera 4
    2012 Opti 200 Pro XS
    25 Tempest

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123