Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1222 and LVS34 new issue

So I took my Garmin 1222 and LVS34 off my old boat and put it on my new boat. The 1222 is mounted on my bow and the LVS34 is on my Ultrex Quest. I updated to the new software using Active Captain. When I used my livescope for the first time on my new boat the image goes fuzzy (out of focus) across the entire screen for like 5 seconds, then it’s good for maybe 30 seconds, then it goes fuzzy again, then good again, back and forth. It does this with the trolling motor turned off and all other graphs in the boat turned off. Do you think I have an issue with the update? Not sure what is going on, it worked perfect all last year, until I put it on my new boat. The only change is the software update.
    Last edited by Hydro870; 05-10-2024 at 06:07 AM.

2. Member
    I'm experiencing this issue when moving from deeper to shallower water (like 40 to 20'). After the new update.

This LiveScope issue has been identified and reproduced by Garmin engineers. Until software is released to correct the issue, a temporary workaround is to leave the LiveScope page, open a traditional sonar page, and then return to the LiveScope page. The Livescope image should then return to normal. If issues reappear, repeat the workaround as needed.
    Garmin Pro Team

4. Member
    First time out today after doing an update and the screen will look normal for a few seconds then it kind of looks like I turned up the gain to 100% for 5 seconds or so then back to normal. Depth reading will bounce around to a really deep reading then back to the 7-10 depth I know I am in. Mine is a GPSMAP 1222 with only the LVS32 / black box hooked to it. Guessing this is what everyone is experiencing?
    Should I be able to switch to a sonar page and then back to livescope to fix this even if I do not have any other transducers connected to my Garmin?
    The normal looking photo is right after the blurred, hot looking display.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

5. Member
    Same issue I think. The auto depth function is not working as it was before the latest update.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    This LiveScope issue has been identified and reproduced by Garmin engineers. Until software is released to correct the issue, a temporary workaround is to leave the LiveScope page, open a traditional sonar page, and then return to the LiveScope page. The Livescope image should then return to normal. If issues reappear, repeat the workaround as needed.
    Does Garmin have an ETA on the patch to fix this issue?
    David
    2014 Ranger Z521C
    Fishing Lanier, Hartwell, Tennessee River & Coosa River

Quote Originally Posted by snookonfly View Post
    Does Garmin have an ETA on the patch to fix this issue?
    This is obviously a high priority issue but I can't provide an ETA.
    Garmin Pro Team

8. Member
    Could this be why my units went crazy this weekend after an update? My 8612 with 34 ducer will not show a return past 35-40 feet.
    Lanierspotman
    2023 Skeeter 21ZXR 2023 250 SHO
    Lake Lanier, GA

9. Member
    Do you have a picture of what your screen looks like with the limited return?

10. Member
    The temporary workaround of leaving the livescope page and going to a traditional sonar page and then back to the livescope page worked for me. Thank you.

11. Member
    I didn’t take a picture, I was trying to catch 5 on Hartwell, lol. I’ll try to get to the lake tomorrow.
    Lanierspotman
    Lake Lanier, GA

12. Member
    I'm on Keowee so if you drop by here anytime I'm happy to hop in the boat and take a look with you.

13. Member
    Last edited by pratt; 05-14-2024 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Video

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt View Post
    I updated my unit over the weekend (1222 / LSV34) for the first time ever. Today I was on the water and I'm having this exact issue.

15. Member
    Mine, too! I spent 2 hours on the phone last week with Garmin to only be told they dont have a fix. But they had a corrupted update ! So frustrasting! Why cant they just send us an older software version and I'll force an update so I can actually use this unit!
    2006 Skeeter 21i , Mercury 300R

Just roll it back to previous update.

17. Member
    Not sure how to “just roll it back”. Also, many of us had to update because issues started with our units that required an update.

which brings me to the question, how in the world does a unit and transducer combo that works for 9-12 months flawlessly all of a sudden have issues that causes image instability and requires an update to fix the issue. Are chips and processors like other machines and “wear” over time?
    Lanierspotman
    Lake Lanier, GA

18. Member
    It's certainly not a crisis for me since i rarely use Auto Depth and even if i did I would likely not see the problem anyway since my standard screen is a combo with 2d on the left and LVS on the right. So I've been using the workaround without knowing it. Auto Depth is not nearly as useful to me as Manual Depth. I don't like having to visually trace a horizontal line back to the left side to know how deep a fish is that is on the right side of the screen. Manual Depth resolves that for me.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

19. Member
    This is a software issue with the release, not hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanierspotman View Post
    Not sure how to “just roll it back”. Also, many of us had to update because issues started with our units that required an update.

which brings me to the question, how in the world does a unit and transducer combo that works for 9-12 months flawlessly all of a sudden have issues that causes image instability and requires an update to fix the issue. Are chips and processors like other machines and “wear” over time?
    I have not heard of any probs with the last update that would require you to update to the latest.

Find and download the last software and then read up on how to do a software on your particular unit. Very easy. Then I would reset to defaults as aybe something happened that caused last one to change

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast