Lithium battery life span

I am currently running a relion 100ah starting battery that is 8 yrs old and 2 36v lithium pro battery's for the trolling motor.. all seem to be doing fine..Is there a way to test these batteries capacity/ life span..How do I know when it's time to replace them? these batteries did not come with a blue tooth feature..
    Thanks for all replies

You can do a capacity test on them and see how many Watt-hours (or Amp-hours) you get out of them versus their original spec.

LiFePO4 batteries should lose about 1%/year just due to calendar aging. You're likely well within the cycle life. I wouldn't worry much.
    2020 Tracker 190 TX | 115 ProXS | Quicksilver Q4 21P Prop | Garmin Force w/MillerTech 36v-60Ah | Livescope |

YouTube - Fishing & Lithium Battery Content: https://www.youtube.com/@goodmanfishing/videos

3. Member
    Good advice! Don’t worry until they don’t do the job as long as before. JMO. Bob no
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

Consider adding this to the battery(s) and you'll know how they are doing.

Bluetooth Smart Battery Monitor – Amped Outdoors

5. Member
    On year 9 with my Relion Batteries with no issues!

6. Member
    I will bet the BMS will die before the cells do. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

7. Member
    Been very impressed with the litiums.im past the point I needed to justify the cost when I bought them..I've never killed them in a day of fishing. I just worry they'll die with no warning.i just added an iconic to run my graphs.thatll take some of the load off the relion and give me a spare battery..

8. Member
    Basser, age or number of cycles will not suddenly make the battery stop working. In fact when they consider them used up they will still be at 80% capacity. As for the BMS failing all of a sudden, it could. I think the major factor there is how tightly sealed the battery is. All need a bit of venting for expansion from heat, however the ones that can be submerged in 1 meter of water for a time allow much less junk to get in the battery to corrode the BMS. IP67 being that rating. Some have a much lower resistance to that. You are in good shape in that regard with your Relion batteries. You will be saving money on your lithiums a while longer. JMO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go