Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum150 View Post
    I own a 2014, and will not buy another once this one is done. I'll be moving on to Vexus.
    Ya cause the vexus guys made your 2014 when it was owned by platinum equity.
    I will not buy a boat that the hopper boys had any part of.

2. Member
    I've had a pre JM and curently own a JM Ranger. No difference in quality and I'd buy another in a heartbeat.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

Quote Originally Posted by TopgunZ521C View Post
    Why I will not sell my z521c 2014 and never one issue still a true Ranger before the JM buy out, im sure the R models are amazing but I just got a great boat.
    Same here...
    Retired 2022...Ranger 2011 Z520, OptiMax 250 1B822149, 8" Bob's Jack-plate, Helix 12si / Helix12di, Duel 12' Talon's, Ultrex 112 i-Pilot Link, Mega 360 and Bravo XS 25.
    At ~400 hours had injectors clean and calibrated by INTEGRITY Injection (by
    European Marine)

4. Member
    My 2014 Ranger was a nice boat, but the most problematic of the ones I’ve had in recent years. My 2018 and 2022 models have been flawless. As someone with a decades-long appreciation of Ranger boats, I’m very happy that they continue to thrive. Touch and go in the late 2000’s and early 2010’s.

5. Member
    Of seven different Rangers that I have purchased over the last 40 years, the fiberglass build quality on my 2018 was good but the rigging left a lot to be desired. It took four months and multiple trips to get things right. I don’t want to deal with this crap again

I am currently looking at new boats and have added Vexus and Basscat to the wish list. The new Ranger Ride system seems to be problematic, and after my last experience with Ranger, I am more inclined to look at other products
    Last edited by Whiteboat; 05-17-2024 at 11:49 AM.

6. Member
    Sad to say but I think JM bought them and is letting them die on the vine. I’ll keep mine as long as I’m alive
    Respectfully,
    Captain Rab
    V1CO 1:27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the
    world to put to shame the wise; and God has
    chosen the weak things of the world to put to
    shame the things which are mighty

7. Member
    Never again for me…. Horrible CS and quality!

8. Member
    All Ranger all the time for me: great customer service and quality.

The past 10 years have been the most stable period for Ranger Boats in a long, long time. Prior to that, I was very worried that Ranger owners would be facing exactly what eventually transpired for Evinrude owners. Kudos to Mr. Morris for keeping a storied franchise alive and well.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbass123 View Post
    All Ranger all the time for me: great customer service and quality.

The past 10 years have been the most stable period for Ranger Boats in a long, long time. Prior to that, I was very worried that Ranger owners would be facing exactly what eventually transpired for Evinrude owners. Kudos to Mr. Morris for keeping a storied franchise alive and well.
    our savings grace is we have 2 great dealerships in OHIO to correct the issues--knox and dixie imagine if we didn't have them and had to deal with the factory or travel for many hrs!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

10. Member
    Actually, Vic’s is very good also. Don’t know much about Freedom Outdoors. Simply stated, because our boats have such a wide variety of components from various manufacturers, having a good relationship with an excellent servicing dealer is extremely important for any bass boat owner. Over the 40-plus years I’ve been running bass boats, at least 90% of the issues I’ve had repaired/replaced have been bolt-on accessories such as pumps, trolling motors, electronics, gauges, batteries, and the engine. It takes a full-service dealer with knowledge, integrity, and good business sense to deal with all of that in such a way that the customer is happy.

11. Member
    lots of folks get on the net an complain about their boats if you dont like your boat sell it go buy something else but dont be surprised when you have issues with the new boat builder it is the nature of the beast an has only gotten worse since covid . when boat sales are down by all bass boat builders the boats that come out the door should be close to perfect it will get worse before it gets better.

12. Member
    In January of 2023 I sent my 2006 521VS Ranger to have some work done to it and it was found to have a broken transom , unrepairable . So the ball was put in motion with Ranger thru Portland Yacht services in Portland , ME and Thayer's Marine in Norwich , CT. Ranger had to see the boat to see if it could be repaired . Got a phone call a couple of months later from Ranger letting me know they were not going to repair it . No , they were going to replace it with a brand new 2023 Ranger z521R . The reason being is that I was the original owner of the 2006 , when Forrest Wood owned Ranger Boats , and the warrantee on the hull was lifetime , as everyone can see the new owner is a pretty stand up guy . This new boat is one of the BEST riding Rangers I have ever owned , I've owned 4 of them , so to me it is pretty sad how these Ranger Boats get bashed so bad , not saying they don't need it sometimes but why all the time , just saying

Quote Originally Posted by 521vs View Post
    In January of 2023 I sent my 2006 521VS Ranger to have some work done to it and it was found to have a broken transom , unrepairable . So the ball was put in motion with Ranger thru Portland Yacht services in Portland , ME and Thayer's Marine in Norwich , CT. Ranger had to see the boat to see if it could be repaired . Got a phone call a couple of months later from Ranger letting me know they were not going to repair it . No , they were going to replace it with a brand new 2023 Ranger z521R . The reason being is that I was the original owner of the 2006 , when Forrest Wood owned Ranger Boats , and the warrantee on the hull was lifetime , as everyone can see the new owner is a pretty stand up guy . This new boat is one of the BEST riding Rangers I have ever owned , I've owned 4 of them , so to me it is pretty sad how these Ranger Boats get bashed so bad , not saying they don't need it sometimes but why all the time , just saying
    Thank you!

Not sure whats worse, the one time OP who obviously posted this to stir up negatively of the boat brand, or the people that couldnt see through his BS.
    It dont take long to identify the purpose of these types of posts after dealing with all the scammers on social media now days.

14. Member
    I bought new rangers in 03, 05, 08, 16, and now 24. The 16 and 24 520C/R specifically everyone on the internet said were junk, stay away, jm ruined everything, and those 2 are by far my most favorite boats!

15. Member
    Ranger hasn't been a top quality boat manufacturer for several years.

Spent 30+ years with ranger. 10 new ones between my dad and I. Last one has had terrible cosmetic issues, electrical nightmares, trailer problems, followed by a broken transom. Boat is being replaced but it won’t ever be in my garage. Honestly can say it was the best riding ranger I ever had or was in, but that’s about the only good thing I would say.
    Ryan Bauman 2022 Ranger 520R 250 Mercury ProXS Fourstroke

17. Member
    Never again for me bought a 2016 521c
    Horrible CS when I started need parts.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rock View Post
    Never again for me bought a 2016 521c
    Horrible CS when I started need parts.
    Needed parts at the height of the pandemic? Ranger Parts has already treated me really well, and it doesn’t hurt to have a 500+ dealer network who also stock an extensive parts inventory, along with having experienced folks to help with troubleshooting and parts installation. As posted above, here in Ohio we are blessed with Ranger dealers who make maintaining a Ranger easier than any competing brand.

19. Member
    Howdy,

I have had seven (7) brand new Rangers since 2000. The most recent being a 2019. I still own the boat and can honestly say I have spent more money on repairs and fixes than EVERY other Ranger I have owned COMBINED.

Your mileage may vary and you may get lucky and get a great boat with minimal problems. I, however, did not and, to be totally honest, know far more people in my situation who are never buying another one than I do people planning to get another one.

Take care,

Ruddiger

20. Member
    Have owned six new Rangers, current model a 2023 Ranger Z 529. All have been just fine with no issues. 2023 Z 519 is still pretty new so no issues yet. Maybe just lucky, but I will keep buying them.
    520 L TDY

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast