Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Never understood the net thing, like you're not a real angler if you can't rassle that fish by hand or hanging off the hook over the gunnel onto the deck. It's a fish. Not like you're going hand to hand with a bear.

Meh

I don't give a damn how the pros do it when fishing solo I don't like like using a net. For me personally it's a hindrance more than it helps. I've always fished without one for years and the times I've tried to use one I didn't like it. I fish without one based on my own experience.
    Team tournaments we always use one.
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 05-17-2024 at 11:35 AM.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I don't give a damn how the pros do it when fishing solo I don't like like using a net. For me personally it's a hindrance more than it helps. I've always fished without one for years and the times I've tried to use one I didn't like it. I fish without one based on my own experience.
    I fished without obesity also until Covid, Since then I got fat. HAHAHA
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 05-17-2024 at 11:35 AM.

5. Member
    I don't give a damn how the pros do it when fishing solo I don't like like using a net. For me personally it's a hindrance more than it helps. I've always fished without obesity and the times I've tried to use one I didn't like it. I fish without one based on my own experience.
    For me it depends on the size of the fish. I have had a trailer hook driven straight through the meat of my middle finger on my left hand and out the other side, clean through, and the main hook was still in the fish. Since then, I kind of favor a net most of the time unless the fish is small enough.

Quote Originally Posted by strugglebus View Post
    I fished without obesity also until Covid, Since then I got fat. HAHAHA

C-

You're forcing it and trying too hard.

7. Member
    They need to do away with weigh ins. They don’t make sense anymore.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan 492VS View Post
    I think the bass may like a hot carpet better than hot oil.
    Hardly comparing apples to apples
    Hi Mike.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VA Bass View Post
    I will say this, I think a lot of guys, not all, in the younger generation miss the boat on the outdoors. Meaning, how many do you think notice the sunrise on the water? The crisp air in a treestand? An eagle in the nest, a deer on the bank, the smell of the woods or the water, the sound of bull frogs etc.. catching fish and killing game is part of it, but only part. What drew me to the woods and the water at a very young age were the sounds and smells of the environment.
    Kind of my way of thinking. Kind of like a maladjusted kid staying at home with his fleshlight instead of going out and meeting real girls.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MadYakker View Post
    Kind of my way of thinking. Kind of like a maladjusted kid staying at home with his fleshlight instead of going out and meeting real girls.
    2021/ 200 hp 4 stroke pro xs
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

11. Member
    I’m not upset about it or anything, but wondering why they thought it was a good idea to leave it in the video.

personally I love the lake fork catch / weigh / release except 1 big bass best. I don’t think anyone cares to see average fish brought across the stage.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

12. Member
    I watched the video and was surprised that he included that in the video?
    Then I realized who it was.
    Click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click.
    Sad but true. Welcome to reality in the 21st century?

And yet no one complains about anglers boat flipping fish into the middle of the boat or bear hugging them against a dry shirt or laying them on the deck while culling.

Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    Never understood the net thing, like you're not a real angler if you can't rassle that fish by hand or hanging off the hook over the gunnel onto the deck. It's a fish. Not like you're going hand to hand with a bear.
    My understanding is that Ray Scott did away with nets for this very reason. In his judgement, landing fish by hand was more manly than using a net. Also, the fisheries folks that I've read say that a rubber landing net basket does very little harm to the fish's slime coat. In contrast, the net bags made out of heavy string does remove slime coat, which may result in the fish becoming vulnerable to disease.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

15. Member
    C-

You're forcing it and trying too hard.
    Quite possibly... It was funny in my mind...

Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Treat em the best you can. Some are gonna die, some are gonna get the skillet. If you’re that concerned about the welfare of a fish, you should probably stop fishing for them.
    Hey now, that sounds like a PETA recruitment ad.

Quote Originally Posted by MadYakker View Post
    What's a fleshlight?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by june-bug View Post
    What's a fleshlight?
    Don't search for it while at work!

Think of Choking the Chicken....

Quote Originally Posted by CastingCall View Post
    Hey now, that sounds like a PETA recruitment ad.
    Yes…and I think some them are hidden within our midst.

I guess I’m supposed to cradle the bass in my arms after I’ve slammed a 6/0 through his mouth and up through his head, and apologize that he’s on the floor of my rig.

20. Member
    Ive seen people flipnover touching a fish without wetting ones hand first....so this thread doesnt suprise lol
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast