Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Had a dealer tell me 2 weeks ago if I custom order, 9 months lead time. Pizz on that.

I’m in the process of finding that truck with exact options on a dealers current build sheet or lot & will drive/fly to go get it.

Here are a few suggestions.

1 - Don’t walk, but run from a Fire Super Duty order. I had so many issues with my build. Waited a year and things were missing that were important to me. Also dealer, tried screwing me on price and trade. I walked.

I ended up ordering GMC Ultimate and could not be happier.

2 - if your getting a 2500, then you need the capacity. Skip the 2500 and go right to the 3500. Much better payload capacity that you WILL want at some point.

3 - Get a long bed if you plan to tow a 5th wheel, get a DRW if it’s a big one.

4- Get the Diesel

Seriously check out Ram or GMC and run from Ford.

Good Luck
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

3. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caymas ProXS View Post
    Had a dealer tell me 2 weeks ago if I custom order, 9 months lead time. Pizz on that.

I’m in the process of finding that truck with exact options on a dealers current build sheet or lot & will drive/fly to go get it.

We were told there were only 2 in the country but they were the wrong color. Then I told the manager we decided to go up a notch to the platinum and he laughed and said your gonna have to order and wait a long time.
    Thanos was the hero

4. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post

1 - Don’t walk, but run from a Fire Super Duty order. I had so many issues with my build. Waited a year and things were missing that were important to me. Also dealer, tried screwing me on price and trade. I walked.

2 - if your getting a 2500, then you need the capacity. Skip the 2500 and go right to the 3500. Much better payload capacity that you WILL want at some point.

4- Get the Diesel

Good Luck

I'll look into the payload difference.....why the diesel? We were pleasantly surprised with the diesel but the price of the engine and price of fuel is really high..........which sounds kind of silly to say, reading that back to myself when considering how much the truck costs.....
    Thanos was the hero

Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    I'll look into the payload difference.....why the diesel? We were pleasantly surprised with the diesel but the price of the engine and price of fuel is really high..........which sounds kind of silly to say, reading that back to myself when considering how much the truck costs.....
    Power, Torque, Longevity, Exhaust Break, Fuel milage better than gas.

What 5th wheel do you have or are looking at?
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

6. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    You should go to the f350. So much more towing capabilities and the cost difference is reasonable

Been driving a variation of a powerstroke for over 20 years…would probably go with GMC If I were to buy right now.

8. Member

4- Get the Diesel

Good Luck
    Sounds a lot like my experience. I ordered a 23 F450 platinum in Oct 22 when they opened the books. Truck never got built, they changed some of the options i wanted if they were to build it but they eventually canceled the order and i declined to put in another. Sounds like Ford still has not got their act together.

This is why i currently have a GMC 3500 Denali DRW with a Duramax. Back in June when i bought it GM was the only company shipping any DRW trucks.
    Last edited by jb882; 03-08-2024 at 12:09 PM.

9. Member

Longevity is a thing of the past .. i tell people only have a diesel if you have to have it or you are just loaded and can afford the maintenance, repairs and fuel

10. Member
    What are you pulling? If you have a 5th wheel RV look into the open roads fuel program if you are interested in a diesel. That program( which is free) gives you access to the truck lanes and you pay the fleet rate for fuel. For instance last week i filled up at a TA travel center just outside of Tampa and the price i paid was like 3.60 a gallon which is less that regular gasoline at that station. Since i got the open roads card i have yet to fill up at a regular fuel station.

11. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar

It's actually a gooseneck. Wife's horse trailer.

I only tow a boat and camper that weighs 8Klbs.
    Thanos was the hero

It's actually a gooseneck. Wife's horse trailer.

I only tow a boat and camper that weighs 8Klbs.
    Go Long Bed, and I would also consider a 3500 & Diesel. Good Luck
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

13. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Go Long Bed, and I would also consider a 3500 & Diesel. Good Luck

Thanks
    Thanos was the hero

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
    Crazy on a year and the price for 3/4 tons. Hell even half tons. Tundra SR5 MSRP pushing 60k is NUTS. Seems like almost all vehicles are getting marked down a lot though. Tundras 5-8k off MSRP.
    Nuts is an understatement considering my 4x4 2018 Tundra SR5 Crew Max with the premium option was 45K MSRP and I bought for 40K. Inflation is much higher than we're getting told, manufacturers are simply passing it along with the extra billions they need to make to ramping up for EVS.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TNReb View Post
    I went from a Ram 1500 to an F250 Tremor. The F250 isn't bad by any means, but it's nowhere near as smooth and nice as the Ram rides.
    Lot of difference in any manufactures from 1500-2500’s, apple to oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by basshammerwannabe View Post
    Longevity is a thing of the past .. i tell people only have a diesel if you have to have it or you are just loaded and can afford the maintenance, repairs and fuel
    You don’t think that 7.3 Godzilla is going to require maintenance.

Maintain them and they will last.
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

17. Member
    Have you checked the insurance rates on a new truck?
    Insurance companies are passing the losses due to theft to the customer.
    1997 Ranger 692VS
    2014 Mercury 175 Pro XS 2B111166

18. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Rod View Post
    Have you checked the insurance rates on a new truck?
    Insurance companies are passing the losses due to theft to the customer.
    No, but I really don't have a choice.

You see, I'm fine with my Ram 1500. But the wife's sister bought a Ram 2500......then the wife bought a shiny new horse trailer that requires a 3/4 ton.....now we don't like the sisters truck for various reasons. And the new ones have all kinds of things that we "need". Insurance is a distant after thought, you pay the annual bill and don't think about it for another 12 months. All that matters is the smile on the wifes face.
    Thanos was the hero

19. Great Lakes Captain RangerTim619's Avatar
    I just drove by MIS race track, there are 1000's of Ford pickups parked on the property. But yet it takes a year to get an ordered truck. Something wrong with that business model.
    Ranger 619 * Honda 200* Minn Kota* Humminbird *Garmin
    Fenwick *Abu Garcia

20. Member
    I just took delivery of my 2024 F250 Lariat CC 4x4 in 7.3 on January 5th. Love it. Still getting used to it, but love it. There were one or two Tremors down in Georgia. And they are nice. Otherwise nothing locally in a package that I wanted, and very few in general on the lots. Ended up buying mine from a dealer in Lumberton, NC.
    ALL the lots around here are/were slam full of 150's.
    I'm an F250 guy. I don't want the engine shutting off or cylinder deactivation, and I didn't want to have to deal with DEF.
    I still have my my old F250 diesel. It's a beast, and it's a project truck now.

Trip to Charlotte last week we got exactly 15MPG in the 7.3. Diesel is better there, but like you said it's also over a dollar a gallon more, so to me it's a wash. My wife said "I thought you'd baby this like you did the diesel..." I said "I am babying it. It just gets up and hauls a$$"
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast