Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    After replacing my Rapala twice because the screen is crap, I got the $99 Bubba, so much better than the Rapala.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mean_dean View Post
    After replacing my Rapala twice because the screen is crap, I got the $99 Bubba, so much better than the Rapala.
    99$ is more understandable for a better scale. Double that seems like alot. Going from 50 to 60 dollars to 100 makes sense for a better product. The 150$ increase I can't understand. Prolly costs "bubba" 5$ per unit to make..lol. good for them! They getting rich

3. Member
    They have a $100 scale to. And they are accurate (.003), logs a 8 fish I think. Of course, we're in the the day of $100,000.00 plus boats, $5,000 plus boats, and $100 dollar lures. Don't necessarily like it but it is where we are. By the way, you been to the grocery store lately. I don't like that either.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

4. Member
    ya my rapala crapped out with wet weather so im looking at these bubba scales now. I also could never remember the button sequence to manage the fish

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ncshooter View Post
    Don't get me started about kayaks. I run a 20ft bass boat I bought used for 10k. Seen a kayak for almost 20k advertised the other day. The absurdity of that is mind blowing. Just seems like it's gotten way WAY out of hand. Like past the point of inflation and into the realm of scummy
    But that's my point. There are people that would laugh at you for spending $10k on a used boat when you could have gotten a different used boat for $4k. But you bought the $10k boat and feel good about it. People have a different thresholds for the money spend on their hobbies and there are always people not wanting to spend as much calling the guys spending more dumb for it. They just need to remember there is someone calling them dumb for the same reason.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BroWhoop View Post
    They have a $100 scale to. And they are accurate (.003), logs a 8 fish I think. Of course, we're in the the day of $100,000.00 plus boats, $5,000 plus boats, and $100 dollar lures. Don't necessarily like it but it is where we are. By the way, you been to the grocery store lately. I don't like that either.
    The grocery store is a place I have come to dread more and more...lol. I can't help myself. I worry about what my child is gonna have to pay for groceries. Ppl say "don't worry about what ppl spend their money on" and I understand that but I can't help it. Things are increasing at an alarming rate. Only consumers can make it change

7. Member
    Well I care because the cost of things are increasing to the point that's it difficult to enjoy anything without making 250k a year. I'm not the "normal" BBC guy that pays cash for a new boat each year. Other company's see this selling so good they up there price. It's a trend that hurts normal ppl like me. I hate seeing ppl get priced out of enjoying something and it's happening more and more at a rapid pace. I'm shocked more ppl aren't seriously upset. My daughter will have to be a millionaire to go to foodlion when she is 30
    You don't need any scale to enjoy fishing... You could have spent $0.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thamelau View Post
    You don't need any scale to enjoy fishing... You could have spent $0.
    I agree 100%

9. Member
    The way I see it, Just like my two Yeti coolers,Yeti tumblers ,and several other things I have. Because I can, I punched a clock ,made good use of my 401k once it became available to me.
    Yes I could spend less money on another Rapala scale just to fight it,,, But I don't have to.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thamelau View Post
    But that's my point. There are people that would laugh at you for spending $10k on a used boat when you could have gotten a different used boat for $4k. But you bought the $10k boat and feel good about it. People have a different thresholds for the money spend on their hobbies and there are always people not wanting to spend as much calling the guys spending more dumb for it. They just need to remember there is someone calling them dumb for the same reason.
    I do get what your saying and that's true. There's always someone doing things cheaper. All I'm saying is if consumers wouldn't pay such outrageous prices for simple items, it would benefit us all. I know that's a pipe dream. Seems like this trend of steadily increasing prices for simple items isn't slowing anytime soon. As I said earlier it's more for me than what guys think. I'm thinking about the future. I worry for my child and future grandkids

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    The way I see it, Just like my two Yeti coolers,Yeti tumblers ,and several other things I have. Because I can, I punched a clock ,made good use of my 401k once it became available to me.
    Yes I could spend less money on another Rapala scale just to fight it,,, But I don't have to.
    Yeti coolers were a running joke for a long time around my area. Guys around here bought them as a status symbol...lol. I bought a 1200$ ice machine instead of a 400$ cooler. Seemed like a better purchase for me

I wish I had everything in my life in such good order to worry how others spent their money. If you’re truly worried about prices, you can battle that with your vote.
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

13. Member
    How can anyone buy this and think " yea this is a good purchase". Paying 200$ for a dang scale seems so outrageously scammy I couldn't sleep at night if I was the seller. Weighing a fish isn't rocket science. Please someone help me understand!!
    It's their money why should that bother you?

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by high 2 View Post
    I wish I had everything in my life in such good order to worry how others spent their money. If you’re truly worried about prices, you can battle that with your vote.
    Voting..lol. amazes me ppl are so ok with how prices have gotten. Guess I'm just a brokey. I guess when ppl can no longer afford to feed themselves they will look back and remember when it started to go downhill. I need a cabin in the woods I reckon

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rjvana37 View Post
    It's their money why should that bother you?
    Read the thread. Spend you money how you please bud. Bothers me because I'm looking at a bigger picture. Maybe ppl don't understand. When other company's see that selling they increase their prices. That goes with everything. It starts to effect all of us. I thought that would be understandable but judging by the responses I'm getting it's not.
    Last edited by ncshooter; 05-13-2024 at 08:53 AM.

16. Member
    I think I have all of the Bubba products from the scale to their sniper, pliers, hook remover, scissors and lithium electric knife. They are quality products that are very durable and all have worked great. I would rather pay a little more for something that won't let me down half way through the season.

I don't know about the Bubba scale but I got the Bubba balance beam and cull tags and they are the best I have found yet.I have had the Rapala scale for 2 yrs and haven't had a problem out of it. I rarely use the scale except for a big one and keep it in the dry, it's quicker to use the balance beam for that.
    2010 Ranger 188vx
    175 Mercury Optimax

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    In the end I bought it because I wanted to.
    C'mon Mark......Isn't it clear you need approval from the lounge crew before making such a purchase??? Honestly, I expected better from you
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

19. Member
    But yet people still buy a $40 YETI 5-gallon bucket

21 XD 225 Merc

20. Member
    You should quit fishing and just take up golf.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast