Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    You’re the man Jake!
    2007 Ranger188vs, Mercury optimax 150

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BasscatJake View Post
    It was largies. I caught the new lake record today with 31.70 and took 2nd BB with a 7.68. @BasscatTyler, it was nice meeting you today. That 2nd big one I put in the boat as you were by me was that 7.68. It culled out a 1.98
    HUGE bag, congrats!!! Fish are so big I can't tell which one in the photo is the 7.68. Which one is it?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass-o-maticjm View Post
    HUGE bag, congrats!!! Fish are so big I can't tell which one in the photo is the 7.68. Which one is it?
    I believe it's the one in my right hand (I'm the one in the basscat sweatshirt) but even I don't know for sure. To be honest, everything was kind of a blur at the weigh in as I was in such disbelief of what I just did.

4. Member
    There 2 big one in your left hand. If I was guessing, I would say the one you can see the back of her. She looks long. Anyway very happy you had that great day! Hopefully you can continue the good momentum to the next tournament. Nick has a great series going there. They pay the top 5 or 6 well you don’t see that happening in any other series. Others may pay the winner more but the way he is doing it seems nicer. I think the only thing hurting his numbers (angler’s fishing) is the commitment you make to fish all the series. But it also helps because you know what you’re fishing for.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    There 2 big one in your left hand. If I was guessing, I would say the one you can see the back of her. She looks long. Anyway very happy you had that great day! Hopefully you can continue the good momentum to the next tournament. Nick has a great series going there. They pay the top 5 or 6 well you don’t see that happening in any other series. Others may pay the winner more but the way he is doing it seems nicer. I think the only thing hurting his numbers (angler’s fishing) is the commitment you make to fish all the series. But it also helps because you know what you’re fishing for.
    I know for a fact the one you're talking about wasn't the big one. I remember the big one being loaded into my bag after weighing them and I made sure to grab what appeared to be the biggest one with my right hand first. It just looks bigger because it was a few inches closer to the camera and turned sideways.

If I was thinking, I'd have gotten a length and girth measurement and detailed photo of each bass and done 1 giant 5 fish mount of them as that is a once in a lifetime limit in Iowa
    Last edited by BasscatJake; 04-29-2024 at 08:45 PM.

6. Member
    Here is a screenshot of the 7.68 getting loaded in the bag. Looking closer at both photos, the 7.68lbr was the 1 in my right hand. You can see the torn anal fin in both photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BasscatJake; 04-29-2024 at 09:19 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12