Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Always liked Bill and was happy when he finally won. He is wrong about FFS though.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AMSDJS View Post
    I was under the impression that the Elite series ended late Summer/early Fall up on Northern smallmouth waters. Guys who deer, duck, elk, etc. hunt in the Fall into Winter do this as a mental break, I'm sure. As well as spend time with their family. Yes, fishing 365/24/7 is more time on the water to tweak FFS but bass movements in the Winter aren't really applicable when the season starts in Feb in Florida. If you're married with kids and don't spend significant time with family during the off-season, why the heck did you even have a family?
    I mean I get the hang with the family argument, but if you are going out hunting every day in the fall is it really that different than going out and fishing.

And no, I don't think guys should have to practice all the time year round, of course you need breaks. I'm talking more about the culture of guys who sell the boat in the fall, don't pick up the new one until Jan, and don't make their first casts until practice for the elites event. I have zero sympathy for those guys, especially the ones bellyaching about FFS.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

3. Member
    Bill lowen talking about the bass suspended out deep comparing it to a waterfowl resting area that you can't hunt. Like people shouldn't scope the offshore fish. Yet its perfectly fine to box them up while they are spawning. They aren't resting out deep they are eating. He sounded pretty silly on that one.

4. Member
    I was under the impression that the Elite series ended late Summer/early Fall up on Northern smallmouth waters. Guys who deer, duck, elk, etc. hunt in the Fall into Winter do this as a mental break, I'm sure. As well as spend time with their family. Yes, fishing 365/24/7 is more time on the water to tweak FFS but bass movements in the Winter aren't really applicable when the season starts in Feb in Florida. If you're married with kids and don't spend significant time with family during the off-season, why the heck did you even have a family?
    That's probably a good question, I recall Palaniuk saying you have to be very selfish to be a touring pro. Also, Parker said that was one of the main reasons he retired early. I don't think there is any doubt that being single with no kids is an advantage. As with everything, life is full of difficult choices.

5. Member
    Randy B will be all over this one. He'll have enough content for a few videos doing recap of this one. Bill Lowen will be his hero for the time being.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wicker*man View Post
    Bill lowen talking about the bass suspended out deep comparing it to a waterfowl resting area that you can't hunt. Like people shouldn't scope the offshore fish. Yet its perfectly fine to box them up while they are spawning. They aren't resting out deep they are eating. He sounded pretty silly on that one.
    Ya, the conservation side of the anti FFS argument is pretty silly. You can go out, take shiners and fillet a limit of bass every day, yet FFS is killing the fish? Just mental gymnastics to try to justify something you want banned imo.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

7. Member
    I know one thing. If they ban FFS or put a severe limitation on it, it will set up one of the most anticipated seasons of all time. The veterans versus the young guns. Put up or shut up for everyone.

8. Member
    They will never ban the crap....look for some tournaments with it, and some without.

Well no one is holding a gun to anyone's head. If they want to spend the off-season hunting and playing with the kids, that is great. But just don't use it as an excuse as to why you can't compete. If you want to compete in any professional sport, you gotta put in the time.

Quote Originally Posted by creekchub View Post
    My thoughts are this is the best no holds barred podcast out there- It's pretty clear to me that zaldains( Mr and Mr Trait ) do not like MLF and Boyd duckett in anyway even though they have invited him to come on the podcast.... They constantly throw jabs at MLF, which I totally appreciate as that is a trash organization. In terms of Bill Lowens comments, he is a great ambassador for the sport and I agree 100% with him forward facing sonar - Should be eliminated at most levels of the sport - What Bill says is extremely valid...... It's pretty sad to see these guys just a few years back were ruling the sport and now all of a sudden they can't compete. Something must be changed. BASS is definitely protecting the the golden boy rookies like Trey McKinney only because he draws attention to the sport ..... They will DQ some guys and not DQ others that's kind of a joke . Also, like how they said that schedule is essentially set up for all live scoping because it draws more views because they're catching more weights ....Something has definitely changed for the worse in our sport -perhaps They're only allowed to use FFS on day, one of the tournament and the rest of the time they have to put a cover over there transducer so it cannot be utilized?!?
    Funny how all the jabs used to be directed at MLF, now it's all directed at BASS. I haven't seen an "MLF Sucks" thread on here in a while. Now it's all BASS. Rookies, Old guys, FFS, duck hunting in the fall...

I started to watch the video and only 11 minutes in the crying started. It's true open guys who know they are going to qualify looking at the schedule and soaking up information not allowed by the tour fishermen. Bill, it's the first year and yes they are taking advantage of the grey area. What are you going to call out next season?

Cry me a river Bill and the secret angler who sent the email about an having an angler meeting. They tired of getting their teeth kicked in so they want to have a meeting about it How about practice more and learn to compete or it's going to be out with the old and in with the new. Showing up to the ramp already defeated is really telling. No more gravy train! If you cant take the heat, get out the kitchen. Oh and I'm not a fan of all these tournaments being dominated by FFS either but it is what it is.

13. Member
    Veteran Elite anglers when they see the rookies names ahead of them......

Clint face.PNG

Last edited by DylanSam; 05-15-2024 at 04:52 PM.

I see plenty of veteran Elites doing just fine in AOY points. Especially among tve Top 40.

https://www.bassmaster.com/standings/?view=91

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I see plenty of veteran Elites doing just fine in AOY points. Especially among tve Top 40.

https://www.bassmaster.com/standings/?view=91
    Well sure there's plenty veteran anglers in the top 40, there was only 9 rookies. Not many rookies though below that 40 mark from 41st - 103 it's pretty much all veterans.

Plenty of veteran elites at the bottom too. And I won't name names because people will get mad at me for "hating" those on the bottom.

17. Member
    Never cared much for Bill. Saw him do a seminar years back. Unhappy about waiting his turn and couldn’t wait to cram it all in and leave, while his wife and kids waiting impatiently off to the side for him to finish..

Quote Originally Posted by june-bug View Post
    Well sure there's plenty veteran anglers in the top 40, there was only 9 rookies. Not many rookies though below that 40 mark from 41st - 103 it's pretty much all veterans.

So then it's safe to say 9 guys ain't running them out of the Elites like so many on this thread keep saying?

I 100% think some of the old guard has some sour grapes regarding the younger pros but I also think a whole lot of people are saying the veterans can't hang these days and that's just not true.

One guy at the bottom is Cifuentes. 2 wins last year and now what is up? And I'd put him in the "young guy" group.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    I never pictured rooting against so many veteran anglers in BASS, but it’s kind of where I'm at. You don't see the rookies going on hour long rants on podcasts bitching about all that is wrong with fishing.
    Or people on BBC.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast