Thread: side hustles

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    Guy I worked with got a 3D printer and makes some decent cash.
    Interesting. What are some of the things your coworker makes with his 3D printer?
    Hi Mike.

2. Member
    Off-Ice official for the ECHL and hopefully the new NHL team rumored to be coming to Atlanta soon.

3. Member
    A friend worked on the side for a retailer delivering and installing gun safes. Mobile RV repair is an untapped market!

My tip, whatever side hustle you do. only accept CASH!

4. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Who controls John Gill?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlucas View Post
    A friend worked on the side for a retailer delivering and installing gun safes. Mobile RV repair is an untapped market!

My tip, whatever side hustle you do. only accept CASH!
    And be VERY careful doing that. I know people who've done that and got turned in and damn near went to jail.
    Hi Mike.

6. Member
    It would really depend on what your skills are and what you would like to do.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    Fixing cars, HVAC work, Electrical work. I can easily make $1000 or more in a day by installing a new AC unit, a new electric service or swapping out a breaker box. I have made over $200 for 30 minutes of work doing service calls as well.
    Not sure about Ohio but they’d all but throw you in jail if you did hvac and electrical work without being licensed. The trade unions don’t take lightly to that.

8. Member
    Play on this website. The pay is pitiful

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    Play on this website. The pay is pitiful
    Just think about the jet privileges. With your post count you're bound to be going up the stairs to get inside.
    Hi Mike.

10. Member
    I do a number of things. I drive for Roadie (UPS). Regularly can make $40-50/hr doing it. I'll do it pretty much for about 4-6 hours on Saturdays.
    My "wife" and I drive for Uber Eats/Grubhub some evenings. If she goes by herself, she makes $12-15/hr. When I drive, we make probably $30-40/hr because she can stare at the apps while I drive.
    I have a 3D printer that I print and sell things. One thing I sell is an organizer for skate sharpeners/ $6 in materials, 3 minutes pushing a button and I sell them for $25 each. This week I sold 7 or 8 of them. Plus I do design work and such on products.
    I started building custom rods for myself, but would gladly build for other people as well.
    I'm also getting into doing vinyl wraps on cars. Learn the right way and you can wrap a car in a couple days by yourself. Get good at it and you can wrap a Tesla (very easy car to wrap, it's basically all flat sections, no style lines) by yourself in one 14 hour day and make $1500.

I also do mechanical work, PC repairs and IT support, welding, A/V and low voltage cabling...

Ideally, I'd like to quit working for anyone and just do "side gigs". Work when I want, fish when I want.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    And that’s a side hustle? Impressive! What do you do full time and how in the heck do you have time to mow 60 yards as a side hustle?
    Started as a side hustle turned into full time. That's why I said buy 500 door hangers. Out of that 500 you might get 10 yards to cut. That's easily done on a Saturday or a few evening after work. I do 14 to 16 every Friday solo. That's why I said get 20yrds and your golden. That's all you need for a side hustle. Lots of guys I know mow on Saturdays and a few evenings and they have 20 to 30. I'm talking about yards in developments so their not big.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nmaxwell0003 View Post
    Not sure about Ohio but they’d all but throw you in jail if you did hvac and electrical work without being licensed. The trade unions don’t take lightly to that.
    Unions don't set or enforce laws.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OconeeMike View Post
    It would really depend on what your skills are and what you would like to do.
    What if we have no skills?

14. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DylanSam View Post
    What if we have no skills?

Don't sell yourself short... If you can erect a pup tent, shake a tambourine and parrot mindless chants, you're useful to someone.
    Last edited by hatcreek; 05-15-2024 at 02:06 PM.
    Who controls John Gill?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    Don't sell yourself short... If you can erect a pup tent, shake a tambourine and parrot mindless chants, you're useful to someone.
    If you can do all of that you'd be a millionaire in New Orleans in short order.
    Hi Mike.

Picking up dog poop.. the guy next door has someone picks up twice month for 50.00. He claims he has about 100 clients..

17. Member
    I build and fix rods...make more fixing that building. It's not high volume really but I'm pretty well known in my area, it's rare that a week goes by that I'm not fixing at least 1. Probably have 100-150 rods come in to fix and probably sell 30 a year...just some extra fishing money.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieBud View Post
    Picking up dog poop.. the guy next door has someone picks up twice month for 50.00. He claims he has about 100 clients..
    I've heard of that. If you google it in your area, you'll prob find one. I know there are franchise opportunities in my area.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    Put a couple hundred thousand into a simple CD at 5.5% or into ATT, Verizon or Dominion Energy stock and spend the dividend.
    Big D stock has been great at paying dividends!

20. Member
    Maybe be a driver for high end car dealers with pick-up/delivery service and over the road dealer trades of new in stock orders.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast