Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
  1. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

Re: (btownse)

Wow...you were in there this week? Not worried about a fishing report. Are you saying its unsafe to go in and out of Grays Creek??

2. Member

Re: (Bassin Billy)

It's okay to go in the creek. But if you go back to the island go around the left side not the right side....

3. Member

Me and btownse heading to the hill today hope they biting! Going to fish the rest of today and tomorrow. Then i will be back next week for our club tournament then again the next week for top six!

4. Member

Re: (skeeterz25)

Fish were on fire! Caught over 25 fish today. 3 and 4lbers. Biggest was 5 1/2. Best 5 today between yesterday afternoon and today til lunch was around 20 lbs. Can't wait to go back next weekend.

5. Member

Coming in for top 6 next Friday...Looking to put in somewhere up around McCormick Sc...Can any of you locals give me some advice as far as any good ramps that are open as well as those that would be easier as far as loading and unloading alone....Thanks a lot for any suggestions....

6. Member

Re: (jb196)

I've put in at Cherokee, elijah state park, or fort Gordon.

7. Member

thanks skeeterz25..I was looking at the Elijay park...Gonna call them today. ...Can you buy a park pass at the office on site...

8. Member

Elijay is a state park... you might want to buy a "corps of engineers" pass instead cause you can use it at all "coe" ramps everywhere.

9. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

IF you are looking to put in around Mcormick, I would recommend coming out of Dorn Landing on the SC side. It is a HUGE facility with 6 lanes and good floating docks. Parking for over 300 boats and a place that is very convenient for someone by themselves to launch.

Elijah Clark is just across in Ga and is a Ga State Park.

Great reports Justin. From the pics you sent me, quite a few of the bites appeared to be night time fishing. The Hill has a great night time bite, its just a little low for my liking right now when it comes to running the lake as low as it is.

+ 1 for dorn . Lot of bfl's held out of there.
    1998 nitro 912 DC summit edition , motor guide tour 109, mercury efi 225.

11. Member

Dorn or Hickory Knob State park are both nice, and free.

12. Member

Re: (gcoxvb)

Thanks again guys...Dorn it is then...

13. Member

Yea Billy some were taken right at dark. Wasnt far from ramp after dark. Didn't want to run around that place either with low water. I'm heading back in the morning. We got a 2 day club tournament this weekend. We putting in at Cherokee. Hope the weather turns good.

14. Member

Hey guys. I'm hoping one of you regulars on Clark's Hill can give me a little fishing forecast or report on the lake. I will be heading down March 28-April 1. I know lake is 7' or so low and guessing water temp is in the lower 50s and a prespawn pattern.
    From North Carolina, but I have fished CH dating back to late 80s and my big bass (9.4) was caught there in '88. Very familiar with mid lake from Soap up to Fishing Creek, specifically Murray Creek and all main lake pockets in that area. We always stay @ Hickory Knob.
    Any info will be greatly appreciated. Not prepping for a tourney. Just trying to get back down as I did so many years in the past...97-2004 or so was there every late Mar early Apr for 4-5 days.

IM if you prefer.

Fyi - I can return favor if anyone needs a little info on NC lakes like High Rock, Badin, Norman or Buggs.
    Thanks!!

15. Member

Re: (forsythbass)

Well your not going to get many reports this week being that the state tournament is at Clark hill. It is going out of wildwood monday and Tuesday next week. A lot of people will be on the water this weekend practicing so should be able to get you a report by next wed. I fished up there the past 2 weeks and it's been off an on with the weather. 2 thursdays ago water temps were in the low 60s but this past weekend I never seen it go over 59. With the weather being near 80 all week I would think they would be moving up shallow to spawn.

16. Member

Thanks buddy. I hope you do well. I figured the lack of winter this year would have fish ahead of schedule, but not to be fishing postspawn during my trip in late Mar!

I will wait to hear about your success!! Is there a website that will have info on that state tourney? I'd like to follow along or read standings/results.

Forsythbass

17. Member

Re: (forsythbass)

I believe it's http://www.gabassfed.org

18. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

Justin is correct on the website. Also, right now Justin is as good a source as you will get. I hate I will be fishing against him next week. Not only is he a good fisherman, but he has been able to get up and practice a bit. I haven't been on the water yet and won't until Friday.

And yep, I will happily give ya some info as well AFTER the tx...

19. Member

Re: (Bassin Billy)

Don't let Billy fool you he likes to hang back then tournament day blow it away! Good luck Billy see you there!

20. Member

You two getting a room

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast