2006 60hp Mercury Shift Linkage Adjustment

I just changed the impeller on my 2006 60hp Merc. Was in neutral when I took it off and was in neutral when I put it back on. Now I am getting a slight rattle at idle and the prop turns slightly. Not as fast as in gear, but not as slow as in true neutral. If I put a little pressure on the control the rattle goes away and the prop slows. Motor goes into forward and reverse fine. It seems like it needs just a slight adjustment. Can someone tell me the best way to go about doing this?

Thanks.

2. Member
    adjust cable away from direction of rattle cause 2 -3 turns of barrel
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    adjust cable away from direction of rattle cause 2 -3 turns of barrel
    Is this done in the controls or in the outboard?
    13 year old Tracker

4. Member
    outboard cable adjustment
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

I am out of town until middle of next week. I only had a chance to look at it briefly, and not sure I know what "barrel" you are speaking of. I did not see anything obvious I can turn. I'll post some picture when I get back home and maybe you can point it out. Thanks for your help.
    13 year old Tracker