Fuel air pressure part 2

Got the right hoses thx Leon. Could only idle engine, running rough. Air was 94. Fuel 108. 10 seconds after shutdown. Air was 80 and holding. Fuel was 90 and falling slowly. Smelled gas fumes from exhaust. Had some fuel in the air side when I disconnected the hose. Does this sound like a leaking tracker valve?

2. Member
    2 b 116638. 250 pro xs

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Possibly. When you say it "had some fuel" are we talking liquid that spewed out or vapor?

VAPOR is normal. Expelled liquid streams are not.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    It was a little liquid. Smelled rich while idling

be sure there are no leaks from the connections or gauges, Like to see that 14 psi spread be maintained as the air slowly leaks down. If no visible leaks I would inspect the tracker valve and the fuel regulator diaphragms closely. Have the special tool on hand before you pull the fuel pressure one and use it to maintain the cap in place to remove all four screws as you could damage the threads in the fuel rail without it.
    Last edited by lpugh; 05-16-2024 at 07:14 PM.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

6. Member
    Ordered the special tool. Then I’ll pull it. Thanks