Garmin EchomapUHD 93SV wiring

Will be installing in ‘18 Tracker Heritage…it has power wires to bow which I currently have a Lowrance Hook 7 connected to. I don’t wire what the wire gauge is. I will be using a GT 56UHD transducer. Should I run a larger dedicated power wire for this unit? I believe I found a chart from Garmin that it needs 14ga wire.
    Thank you in advance

Should be fine as is. Your voltage on the screen may show a little low, but will not affect the image.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brinkley#01 View Post
    Will be installing in ‘18 Tracker Heritage…it has power wires to bow which I currently have a Lowrance Hook 7 connected to. I don’t wire what the wire gauge is. I will be using a GT 56UHD transducer. Should I run a larger dedicated power wire for this unit? I believe I found a chart from Garmin that it needs 14ga wire.
    Thank you in advance
    I was running the existing wiring to my front bow 9sv but the voltage was low so I ran a new 14ga wire straight from cranking battery to bow 93sv and it got higher voltage and cleared up my picture.
    1990 Ranger 393v Yamaha Pro V 200 HP

Bigger wire sends more volts and more volts is great for a better picture.
    most older or smaller boats arent setup for the electronics we have now days.
    What I did on my old boat (2003 Model) was I ran a single 6ga wire from the battery cutoff switch all the way to the front of the boat.
    At the console I had pigtail coming off of that wire to a fuse block that was 10ga going to the block. Each elect had its own fuse setup and wires ran from fuse block to the elect was also 10ga.
    For the bow, I ran 1 graph up front & a Hydrowave. both of these had pigtails at the end of the 6ga wire, each pigtail was 10ga and each had its own fuse.
    I also ran Livescope and the box was in the front rod locker. This also came off of the fuse block at the console but had an 8ga wire ran to it.

I never had any image issues on any graph in the boat and I knew where each circut was and how it was ran since I did it all myself.

5. Member
    Thank you to all who have responded

6. Member
    Tracker wiring is barely adequate for the junk they stick on the boat. IMO