Thread: FFS

FFS

Looking at replacing my Mega 360 and H-bird graph, what is your opinion on the Garmin LVS 34 and Panoptics, ease of use quality of images, I am a dinosaur when it comes to technology, what say you. TIA

2. Member
    Depending on what you are fishing for and how you fish, I think that you will like the Garmin Livescope setup. Listening to the Crappie connection podcast, it seems that crappie fishermen like the LVS32 for fishing closer to the boat while they prefer LVS34 for further away from the boat. I can't speak for the LVS34, but I did get the LVS32 because it was on sale last year. My dad is in his early 80's and starting to get use to his Garmin 102sv and LVS32 that I talked him into getting for his boat because I got a 93sv and LVS32 for my boat. He hasn't complained yet. We both still run our non-MEGA 360s, though.

However, with HB continuing to make improvements with MEGA Live, why are you switching away from Humminbird? Lowrance, Humminbird, and Garmin all have pros and cons of their FFS offerings but are all pretty good--a lot of people just think that Garmin is a little bit ahead because the came out with it first, and that is just based on what I read online and now notice more Garmins on boats on the water than previously.
    1985 Skeeter SF-175 & 1985 Evinrude 150 XP (with VRO removed)