Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Why don’t boat manufacturers add a spot to “land fish”?

So….why can’t they add a space just forward of the driver’s console with a padded kneeling bench for leaning over to land fish? I see everyone land from the driver’s seat area…which has to suck. Ez to put a partial cover over the area so you don’t get hung up on the rods laying on the deck and all the rigging underneath it could be easily re-configured? Shouldn’t cost you much space/storage? Thoughts?

do we need one on both sides? what about the back deck?

if you look at boats of past there was an area like this. It was designed for large tackle box storage.

Besides this removes the fun of running around the boat just to flip the 2lber in the boat.
    Last edited by BMCD; 05-08-2024 at 09:55 AM.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    do we need one on both sides? what about the back deck?

if you look at boats of past there was an area like this. It was designed for large tackle box storage. Besides this removes the fun of running around the boat just to flip the 2lber in the boat.
    While yelling "Biggun."

Yes, that was a common place in the later 1980's and they wanted full decks. It was often used for a cooler, when some brands didn't have on board ice chests, then it became a tackle box placement for co-anglers and anglers themselves. Which in the later 1980's and early 1990's got covered again by flipping deck inserts.

Of course we all used dip nets then on those Tour's, and after dip nets the space became premium for team competitors. Pro's don't control the market, those of you who fish weekend event do. Sure the tours have an input, mostly because of those seeking the same equipment and not from the user stand point.

BCB

I will say a boat like this existed fairly recent past, but no one was buying it. The center console bass boat. Nitro had 2 flavors of it the 911 and the Z9 cdc. They stopped production in 09. U could easily land fish from either side whilst sitting on the deck.

Several other manufacturers had this design, and none really sold. I had a 2001 Nitro 911, and it was nice that I could manage my path to the front deck, and easily land fish from either side while sitting.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

My Skeeter has that. It's the front deck.

7. Member
    My basscat p3 had an area in front of the console to get your fish but dad added a deck and storage bin to that area also
    Last edited by mactlman; 05-08-2024 at 03:50 PM.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

8. Member
    I have a net, I can land a fish from anywhere in the boat at any time.

9. Member
    I don't understand the need to run all over the boat or get in a seat to grab a fish. Kneel down and pick up the fish already!
    2019 Nitro Z19 Sport with 150 Four stroke
    Swinging bass in the front
    and wake boards and tubes off the back

10. Member
    Me too! I just fish for the love of fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by mean_dean View Post
    I have a net, I can land a fish from anywhere in the boat at any time.

Nobody boat-flips them anymore???
    '05 Stratos 200 ProXL, '05 Evinrude 225HO

12. Member
    I honestly think getting in the drivers or passenger seat is the best way if you aren't using a net. Gets you right down at water level for an easy lip.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

13. Member
    That was my point...If they would build in a landing bay in front of the console...it would be easier to access the fish to lip.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    I honestly think getting in the drivers or passenger seat is the best way if you aren't using a net. Gets you right down at water level for an easy lip.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie2 View Post
    That was my point...If they would build in a landing bay in front of the console...it would be easier to access the fish to lip.
    True, but you sacrifice dry storage and room for a team partner. I was just saying getting in a seat works just fine imo.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

15. Member
    That’s what the passenger seat is for

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelin389 View Post
    Nobody boat-flips them anymore???
    You simply can't do that anymore in this woke society, it just hurts their wittle wips.

17. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumour2u View Post
    That’s what the passenger seat is for
    And make sure the fish thrashes on every square inch of your co's jacketI had to remind a friend of mine one time that we were just fun fishing and he probably shouldn't have gotten that energy drink at the gas station.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

Maybe we can add these by the passengers seat (single console of course). You know, for that 200 lb bass we catch. Won't have to worry about your knees.

Screenshot_20240508_201405_Gallery.jpg
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

19. Member
    I have been fishing for 20 years, I have never had to move from the front or rear deck to land a fish.

20. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    I have been fishing for 20 years, I have never had to move from the front or rear deck to land a fish.
    I did when I caught an 8# Largemough and had to grab the net from where I kept it in the boat. Oddly enough that was the first time my Ultrex got used after install and first time ever using a Vision 110. Cold water bass laying in the mud.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast