Upgrade from 1199s to Solix! Don't think I realized the $$$ I will now need to spend

First off I am searching posts for all my questions but thought I would put this out there.

Solix 12 Chirp Mega SI+ G3
    Mega 360
    Ultrex with Ipilot Link
    Will buy another Solix 12 CHO which is on sale now

What I have vs what I plan to do:
    I have 12awg to console fuse block then to bow with 12awg. 30A disconnect at battery.
    Plan to replace 12awg from battery with 8awg to fuse block then keep 12awg to bow for mega 360 power. Add 2 runs 10awg for a Solix and future Garmin 12" for livescope at bow. Connecting Solix 12 to fuse block at console. Running off standard Group 31 starting battery for now.

I have Lakemaster Ipilot link compatible Southwest v5 chips. I suppose the VX chip is best option, and I will only need one for 2 Solix units correct. Or is there a download option that is cheaper? Need to still be able to follow contour while ledge fishing.

Think I have a handle on the Y cables I will need and Transducer for Ultrex and thru hull.
    Feedback on my power handling and Lakemaster ideas as well as anything else appreciated!

Thanks!
    Last edited by jeffjcet; 05-14-2024 at 01:04 PM.

The easiest power setup is a fuse panel at the console and another one at the bow so you don't have to make any long runs to any electronics devices.

SOLIX units will share digital map cards. Lakemaster HD locations will do Follow-the-Contour, makes no difference what edition the map card is if it has the body of water you need done in HD.
    The only "download" you can do is purchase a Legacy map product via Chart Select.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Wayne thanks for reply,

So two 8awg runs to battery at back of boat with fuse blocks at each? The fuse block at bow would be behind bow panel but I guess that would only be problem if I blew a fuse. Would inline fuse holders be better option at bow? I am not sure how I could mount a fuse block, just foam and hull showing.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjcet View Post
    Wayne thanks for reply,

So two 8awg runs to battery at back of boat with fuse blocks at each? The fuse block at bow would be behind bow panel but I guess that would only be problem if I blew a fuse. Would inline fuse holders be better option at bow? I am not sure how I could mount a fuse block, just foam and hull showing.
    One run to the bow with either a fuse panel or terminal block if you want in-line fuse holders. Minimum splices or no splices is a better install== all connections are supported.

You can daisy chain the two fuse panels or fuse panel and terminal block so there is only one connection at the battery.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I ran 8 AWG to a dedicated fishing electronics fuse block at the helm and then ran 10 AWG from that fuse block to another dedicated fishing electronics fuse block at the bow. This has worked flawlessly for my in my previous Solix 15 and Solix 12 setup. I now run Apex 19, Apex 16, Apex 13, Mega Live, and Mega 360 off of this setup and it has been solid.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers