Any exciting off-season plans?

I hope to have a couple new guns to break in this fall. Working on a SSK-50 pistol in .300 BLK. Will have a 10” barrel and will be running it suppressed. Have all the parts except the barrel. Been on back order for a month so far. Also been thinking about building my second frame out with a 16” 350 Legend barrel. Or maybe a 6mm ARC. So many choices, so little $$$ to spend.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

2. Member
    Toying with the idea of building my ultimate coyote gun. Kinda stuck on the idea of a 6mm CM on a Boyds thumbhole stock but can't decide on the action other than it's gonna be a bolt. Not a lot of factory receivers to choose from in that caliber so it might have to be reworked. Still in the planning stages
    Some people are so judgemental. You can tell just by looking at 'em.--Some random meme

Found a Remington 870 20 gauge to build in to a turkey gun.

Sending the barrel out for a cut and rethread to 21”. The a Ceracote job and hydro dip the stocks. Add a Patternmaster Black Cloud tube to top it off.

4. Member
    Mostly shooting practice. Focusing on positional shooting, practicing to make reliable first round hits at range from field positions, unknown distance, under time, with my hunting gear. Have some good practice drills I can do on a flat range, shooting some local prs-type matches, and have a spot on national forest I found where I can safely shoot out to about 550 yards.

5. Member
    Getting ready to chamber a Brux in 6.5 CM. Would like to start buying parts for a more official f class rig. Maybe if I order now everything will be in by 2026 lol.

Picked up a Tikka Roughtech lite on sale for a great deal. Will either chop the barrel down to 19” or just swap to a prefit. Also will be adding a carbon fiber stock. This will be my easy and fast off season project before hunting season.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeSouza View Post
    Picked up a Tikka Roughtech lite on sale for a great deal. Will either chop the barrel down to 19” or just swap to a prefit. Also will be adding a carbon fiber stock. This will be my easy and fast off season project before hunting season.
    What cartridge?

8. Member
    What's the end goal?
    Some people are so judgemental. You can tell just by looking at 'em.--Some random meme

Quote Originally Posted by MacIntosh View Post
    What cartridge?
    It’s a 6.5cm with 24” barrel right now.

Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    What's the end goal?
    Want to give a Tikka action a try. Figure this gun will be a lighter weight mule deer/antelope gun in a 6.5cm. Will drop it in a carbon fiber vertical grip stock to keep the weight down. Have a couple other guns in that stock and really like them. Since running suppressed, will cut the barrel to 19” so the overall length is better and it’ll shave a little weight. Have already installed a trigger spring, which I’m very impressed with the crisp factory trigger and it breaks at 1.5lbs. All my 700’s or clones have Trigger techs set around 1.2-1.5lbs. If I like how the gun turns out and shoots, it’ll save me money because my original plan was to build off of an Impact Action.

Looking at putting together a 22Arc maybe
    Also looking at a Howa 1500 Carbon barrel in 6.5PRC.

12. Member
    Want to give a Tikka action a try. Figure this gun will be a lighter weight mule deer/antelope gun in a 6.5cm. Will drop it in a carbon fiber vertical grip stock to keep the weight down. Have a couple other guns in that stock and really like them. Since running suppressed, will cut the barrel to 19” so the overall length is better and it’ll shave a little weight. Have already installed a trigger spring, which I’m very impressed with the crisp factory trigger and it breaks at 1.5lbs. All my 700’s or clones have Trigger techs set around 1.2-1.5lbs. If I like how the gun turns out and shoots, it’ll save me money because my original plan was to build off of an Impact Action.
    Lots of folks running a flared adaptor to get the tikka barrels up to sufficient diameter to run 5/8-24 threads. I think those d18 barrels are still thin for threads even though they are a bit thicker than the standard lite-contour. Karl kampfeld does a bunch of these, folks Ive talked to have been very happy with his work. If you go with a new barrel you can probably get $150 or a touch more for your takeoff barrel. I like tikkas, have several. Based on how they usually shoot its hard to justify a new barrel in most cases unless you need something really different.

13. Member
    I got a Weatherby in .308 to get the Vortex scope mounted and dialed in.

Quote Originally Posted by MacIntosh View Post
    Lots of folks running a flared adaptor to get the tikka barrels up to sufficient diameter to run 5/8-24 threads. I think those d18 barrels are still thin for threads even though they are a bit thicker than the standard lite-contour. Karl kampfeld does a bunch of these, folks Ive talked to have been very happy with his work. If you go with a new barrel you can probably get $150 or a touch more for your takeoff barrel. I like tikkas, have several. Based on how they usually shoot its hard to justify a new barrel in most cases unless you need something really different.
    Yeah, my T3X Lite shoots so good I hate to even consider rebarreling it even though I would love to run it suppressed.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

15. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Going to build a coyote and hog gun. Not sure just what yet, light, short, suppressed and thermal for sure.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy View Post
    Going to build a coyote and hog gun. Not sure just what yet, light, short, suppressed and thermal for sure.
    300 Ham'r

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    300 Ham'r
    I like this suggestion. Of course, I have a couple in the safe currently.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

18. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    300 Ham'r
    Hadn’t thought of that one.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy View Post
    Hadn’t thought of that one.
    If you want to take a deep dive into the .300 Ham’r, you can find a ton of info here:

https://texashuntingforum.com/forum/...00-hamr#UNREAD

Bill Wilson is a frequent contributor there and answers a lot of questions you might have. You will see my handle pop up there as well. Same name as BBC.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

20. Member
    I've basically finished my M4A1 block 1 and block 2 FSP uppers so going to send off one of my 16" Colt barrels to have cut to 10.3 and open the gas port to Crane spec .070. Parts will be the mentioned barrel, Colt cage code marked upper, Daniel Defense RIS II Mk18 rail. I have to aquire a Daniel Defense Mk12 gas block, Surefire 4 prong muzzle device, and 300 meter Knights Armament BUIS (have the KAC flip up front). Will also aquire a Colt lower to eventually make my first SBR but for now I'll assemble an Aero lower in pistol form.